Renoise And Rebirth

I haven’t got a clue if this is possible so i’m wondering if anyone has ever tried this?

I’ve got a demo version of rebirth and this has always kept me interested!
I can’t find a VST(I) version of rebirth. So I’m trying to find out if its possible to sync rebirth (slave) to renoise (master) or maybe even vice versa.

Does anyone have any experience in this? Or is it simply impossible??

I think it might be possible with the program called midiyoke. But I’m not sure.

I’ve tried this some time ago and it is definitely possible! I think I used midiyoke, but I really don’t remember. It was a long time ago :)

The only thing I remember is that I had to increase or decrease the priority in the task manager for either Renoise or Rebirth (again… can’t remember which one) to get rid of MIDI timing problems. Then it worked like a charm!

Wow… can you pull this of by using a demo of ReBirth?

Yup, that’s what I did. But it’s a mess since you can’t save the RB tracks and it only will run for a limited time. :)

On further thought I think I used the hubi’s loopback device, but midiyoke works in the same way so that should work too. Give it a try and let us know how it works out!

You bet:) …

Thnxz,

I’m going to try it this weekend. Means i’ve got something important to do. If it works i will get me a version of rebirth !

I’ll keep you posted

Hi guys,

I’ve tried running rebirth 2 and renoise together using midi yoke, the link seems to work, midi signals are passing between the programs because the midi lights light up. I just cant seem to control rebirth from within renoise. I cant trigger rebirth to start playing a pattern or get any noise coming out. I’m not sure whether I have to use a midi cc command to start things going…I’ve tried changing the priorities of the tasks and I havent had any luck at all.
The lack of rewire functionality in renoise is something I can gladly overlook if i’m able to use rebirth in this way and would encourage me enough to buy it. I’ve loved trackers ever since Soundtracker on the amiga and I’d be overjoyed if I could return to using a tracker once again for sequencing my compositions.

Thankyou for any help you guys can offer,

Switch :)

switchb: If you can’t manage to find a solution, the other option is prerendering your acid loops and loading them as samples in Renoise… there are also quite a few 303 clone VSTs out there that sound much better than Rebirth, but they tend to cost :(

If you set ReBirth as slave be sure to set the midi-options to accept MIDI in in the master/slave preferences (or similar configuration) and accept SPP and control messages from its master.
In Renoise you need to have these options for sending in the MIDI Master preferences table, checked as well.
There might be a delay between both that you have to compensate with the offset slider in the MIDI Master preferences in Renoise.

Hey guys thankyou so much for ur help :)

Happily I got it sorted out I didnt click the lil clock symbol next to the bpm slider, once I did that it all started to work, thanks for the offset/delay info for the midi lag…

With rebirth having the different mods I find its a lil more versatile than some of the vsti options but its a great shame that renoise doesnt have rewire. Happily midi yoke is a semi decent compromise… I guess I better buy renoise now =D

I cant believe its taken me this long to find the ultimate tracker…tho if I had looked sooner…

Once again thanks for your help.

If anyone is a bit stuck sorting out renoise and rebirth dont hesitate to message me and i’ll be more than happy to help you out.

I’m off tracking :)

respeX

But then you made Renoise slave to Rebirth instead of master.
You initially asked to let Renoise Master Rebirth ;)