Renoise as a VST plugin with a bridge

FL Studio has a very useful feature: you can load the whole DAW as a VST plugin into another DAW. The implementation is done with a seemingly light VST bridge component that opens up the application.

The FL Studio approach takes care if audio rooting and the song tempo & position sync in a perfect way. Effectively the setup setup works as ReWire was intended to work when it was still a thing.

Please implement the similar VST wrapper for Renoise. I’m pretty sure that this would make the Renoise much more interesting software to many professional producers.

2 Likes

Isn’t Redux what you’re looking for? Correct me if I’m wrong. It might have a little less sequencing features, but has phrases as its basis.

Redux is almost what I mean; but it lacks VST instruments support.

Use a Rewire connection. I used to do that a long time ago between A6leton and Renoise.

Yes, I miss the times when Ableton supported Rewire. It was the solution I needed. My suggestion is to find a way to support sample accurate sync between Ableton and Rewire with the tech now available.

Ableton still supports Rewire.
You can turn that ON by adding an Options.txt to your Ableton Preferences folder which includes this line :
-EnableRewire
Then restart Ableton.
You can launch Renoise as a Rewire slave then with all its synced parameters.

1 Like

plus 1 for Renoise as VSTi, and VST hehehe, that would be awesome, using Peenoise tracker and instruments, but mix in Buttvag.

2 Likes

errrm a simplified plugin that will catch the progress made via redux in ableton problem solved
[=D

IF that’s a good idea, micro map enable the slice function.

also if designing in a midi daw for renoise or redux, and creating a trance gate like effect via volume automation, of midi, you know off note, that it is transcribed when dropped into redux or renoise with the appropriate or approximate delay offset [=D

Oh wicked… I’ve just turned it back on!

Is there an easy way to send MIDI from Live to Renoise though? I can’t work it out. Do I need to enable another option?

I’m using loopMIDI at the moment… and it works well. Just rather not have to.

You need to use different ports from midi controller to every daw. Or you can duplicate midi ports of the same controller. I think there is a software that can do that easily with any midi controller. I used to use my Keyrig25 ina a6leton with a duplicated port for Rea8on under the (Ozone Controller).

I got my Ableton & Renoise setup working rather well with Rewire VST. It was definitely worth the 25 USD for me.

The only problem is that Rewire VST doesn’t support Apple Silicon. I’m running my Ableton & Renoise in Intel mode, and so far everything has been working smoothly.

Anyway, it would be just awesome to get Renoise to run as a VST plugin. I sincerely think that it would open the tracking possibilities to much wider audience.

It would also solve very nicely the audio recording problem. Now it’s difficult to record vocals to Renoise track. If you could simply load Renoise into a DAW as a VST plugin (with tempo/position sync á la Rewire), you could very easily do the vocals or other audio recordings.

Fruity Loops showed us that this is definitely a doable approach.

Just wanted to voice my agreement with pretty much everything arttu said here.

Being able to run Renoise inside another DAW, whether it be via VST or Rewire, is pretty important to me.

Does ReWire VST offer sample-accurate sync? If so, that’s extremely cool.