Renoise As Akai Mpc?

Hello everyone!

I’m thinking of buying a MIDI Controller with pads, like MPD18, MPD24, Trigger Finger, Nanopad… I would like to play samples and drums like in a Akai MPC; I mean:

• Touch pad----------->sample sounds
  • Release pad ----------->sample keeps sound
  • Touch pad again ----------->interrupt sample playing it again

Does it possible? Any configuration to do this?

Thanks!

PS: I’m spanish! I’m improving my english…

do the following:

• make a drumkit-instrument
  • spread the individual splits across the keyboard from one octave to the other
  • set-up a volume envelope with two points
  • set both points to maximum volume
  • change the “fadeout” value of the envelope to zero (00)
  • change the NNA setting of the instrument to “note off” or “continue”

btw: i don’t know too much about the akai mpc series, but for my taste the pads on my Akai MPK49 need a bit too much force to get triggered.
Whenever i jam on’em, the whole table is shaking :)

so i personally prefer playing drums with the keys.

But, if i play 2 samples, the second doesn’t interrupt the first…They both sound at the same time!!!

yeah, sorry mate - my fault:
if you want it to interrupt, set the NNA option to “cut”

Yeahh!! This is it!!!

Thanks man!!!

Have you tried to change the velocity curve for the pads? Manual tells you how to. ;)

I second that. I hope the APC40 controller has a bit “softer” pads.

And what about nanopad’s?

Nanopad has a heavy pad too
I found it slightly heavier than the Akai and the veocity on any curve was not as responsive as the Akai either
That being said i do have two of them so they aren’t bad hehehe

Simply put at the cost there isn’t anything better ;)

Bungle

Are you waiting for that thing too?
I want one so bad :dribble:

I was thinking about picking up an MPD18, since I miss my old MPC2K classic. The MPD18 has a note repeat button. Could I set it up in Renoise to work similar to how it does on a standalone MPC? On my MPC2K, I could change the repeat length (quarter note, eighth note, etc.) on the fly and control the velocity of the hit with the pressure I applied to the pad. This makes for some great fills.

I’ve got the Korg padKontrol and I love it. Triggers smoothly anywhere on the pad, and you can adjust the sensitivity for max velocity. I have never tried the MPK49 pads. neither a MPC. So I basically can’t use any as a reference.

Oh. I’ve messed around with one of those and ableton live. Feels good. But. I would’nt recomend that piece of hardware purely for drumpads. The pads are too small for this purpose

nothing beats the pad kontrol.

nothing else will impress you.

I have one. It’s cool. The pads are far from drum-worthy though. They’re not velocity sensitive. I just launch clips with them and have a TriggerFinger for drums.

Same with the Novation Launchpad. You can technically use it as a drum controller but without velocity sensitivity it’s pretty limited.

Could you please give a more detailed explanation for step 2 - 5 specifically when ‘‘spreading the splits etc…’’ and seting up a volume envelope…

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

You’ve all seen the this tool, right?

http://tools.renoise.com/tools/musical-programming-environment

IMHO an interesting take on Renoise as MPC.

Exactly the issue I have to with renoise coming from mpc’s.

Also when I have a sample cut up and imported in renoise in a single instrument and pitch one slice up or down and then pitch everything up or down all the slices are reset to that new value. This should not happen.The differences in
pitches should be preserved.

This happens now:

import:
sample 1 c4
sample 2 c4
sample 3 c4
sample 4 c4

change pitch of one sample:
sample 1 c4
sample 2 c3
sample 3 c4
sample 4 c4

Change pitch of all samples:
sample 1 c2
sample 2 c2
sample 3 c2
sample 4 c2

Should be:
sample 1 c2
sample 2 c1
sample 3 c2
sample 4 c2

This might help with the hard pads. I have not done this myself so I cant tell you if it helps…

http://www.mpcstuff.com/mpd18parts.html

Try these pad corx; you can do the same thing with good quality insulation tape or a stiff foam tape