Renoise II Predictions

I’d like to see sample aliases similar to VST aliases so if you need to make multiple Instruments from one sample, you aren’t using mass amounts of memory / disk space.
Also a pattern effect to change envelope presets in the Instrument editor.
And bigger start / end drag bars for the sample loop editor (i always missclick the first time :o)
Oh and an SDK for the internal renoise DSP effects and player egnine.

If any of this is already possible, apologies in advance :)

Word!

probably too much to ask but I’d like to see a pitch shifter and time stretcher in the sampler.
Also track grouping
And an embedded 3 band EQ in each mixer channel, which I think would be really useful…

I’ve readed theread… the best (read:useful for me…) ideas are IMHO:

A little (but versatile) in-built synth would be nice ( altough -yes- not really essential )

Waveform generator in the sample editor would be really nice and useful (including hand drawing like in Milkytracker… (yes, I’ve done the infected mushroom kick tutorial using sound forge… it would be amazing to do it entirely in renoise!!)

maybe some sort of track routing ( that is doing submixes… grouping tracks… )?

possibility to use multi-output vst instruments could be useful (I am a microtonic addicted! :P )…

and maybe some live performance functionality…

and off course LINUX version!! ( I am a linux user now, I use Win only for renoising… )

Uh yes, I forgotten… MIDI feedback!! ( I own a BCR2000, this would be very nice! )

Fundamentally:
Render order solution (“backwards-compatible” tracks)

This would open for a metric f**kton of fixes; effects routing, multi-in/multi-out vsts, SIDECHAINING… Everything we’ve REALLY been whining about for the last couple years.

I expect “speed” to go out the window in favor of higher resolution/zoomable patterns and a central BPM value.

So, at its core then, a sound renderer makeover. Thats what i would want from a 2.0.

Beyond that? Stuff i’d just “like to have”?

• Midi controllable playback and track controls, particularly muting and BPM.
  • Instrument format update that allows for multi-sample “patches”
  • Tone generator utility (renders samples, not a vsti like thing)
  • Elaborated sequencer. Make it easier to move data between patterns.
  • Advanced edit copy options for copying from entire pattern selections to other pattern selections, say being able to move all data from track 1 throughout the song into a new note column on track 0.

Umm… That title is ‘predictions’, not ‘wishes’ or ‘demands’, is it? :)

We are daydreamers… besides, with Christmas coming in a few months, we’re already
getting in the greedy mood, though OUR Santa’s a programmer with a minty fresh name.

I very much like the 3 band EQ per track idea!! Probably because I’m lazy.

Most newbs prefer beatslicers because they don’t know better. I used to use Fruity Loops and got hooked on the beatslicer thingie, but it took me just a few second to learn it the Renoise way :yeah:

Although adding a beatslicer could be handy for some wtf effects I used to obtain. Rendering a pattern you made, slicing it, adding effects, f***ing randomize it crazzzzzy and voila a nice effect/soundscape (very useable for breakcore)

Try it!