Renoise is brilliant!

SPAN is a famous free spectrum analyzer, I have it set up last on the master chain with mid/stereo shown, quite handy.
Anyway I have Fabfilter L-2 so I don’t have a problem, it’s just that I noticed the Maximizer wasn’t hard-clipping true peaks in the Mutant compo tune I’m making where I’m only using native stuff… this might be an issue when uploading to streaming platforms?

Well, i said i haven’t used maximiser much because i think it sounds a bit harsh, though i’m not sure i used it as intended.

How can what i said mean that all your songs sound harsh? I have never said anything to make you come to that conclution.

I see. Yes, I’ve also noticed a few peaks left while using the maximizer only. But there’s also a clipper in my master chain. I will have a look what’s up.

How can you think that I’m thinking that what you wrote means all my tracks sound harsh? What I wrote means that I don’t think the maximizer sound that harsh, otherwise I wouldn’t use it and all my tracks would sound harsh if I use it.

As i read it, that was literally what you said in a direct response to my comment, but it is not a big deal.

You can make any type of dsp sound bad if you don’t use it “correctly”. If I have a bad experience with one DSP does not mean that everything made with that DSP sounds bad, which was basically what you implied.

I just implied that the Maximizer doesn’t sound that harsh. :wink:

That was your interpretation of it. Again, I literally wrote:

I can’t find the part where I’m thinking that you’re saying that all my tracks sound harsh.
And even if you would say that, which isn’t the case, but if you would do it I wouldn’t care. Why? Because everybody has the right to have an own opinion and to speak freely. And I would have a different opinion in this case for sure. But as you already wrote, no big deal. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok, now this conversation is starting to sound like a Monty-Python dialog :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Monty-Gopher :stuck_out_tongue:
nonetheless i got back again completely to Renoise… it just suits me the best… the workflow is something i cannot utilize in traditional DAWs…

1 Like

I didn’t read all the posts, but I want to say that I just bought redux and it is AWESOME. Combined with reaper you simply got a beast. you can work on phrases, instruments and combine them all in reaper afterwards, awesome workflow !

4 Likes

Agree with the spirit, bought it again today. Excited to be back to using it.

:sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

Just install today to try. The Renoise is really great. I’d created my first song in minutes.
I’m impressed.
Thanks team.

1 Like

I also use Renoise and Reaper. Sometimes i only master in Reaper and use Renoise for arranging and ideas. I have used Renoise inside of Reaper which is interesting but gets a bit complicated switching between. Nonetheless…My fave combo…EVER!

2 Likes