Renoise is my home

I,ve been using renoise for almost two decades and while I occasionally dabble with other sequencers, I always come back to it .
A few moths ago I purchased a second hand license of Reason 10 , the absolute horror of getting any work done and the inferior old dsp code , yet they are charging 500 Euro’s …Insane
Needless to say I sold it within 2 months ,
So why this thread ?
Renoise is awesome , sure it has it’s shortcomings and can be improved in many areas(especially the dsp part ) but at it’s core it’s still a magnificent gemstone , a tightly integrated sampler directly connected to the sequencer .
Taktik don’t ever ever sell out :slight_smile: and keep the spirit of tracking Alive .
Renoise is awesome

8 Likes

Could you shed some light on which shortcomings it has and which painpoints / workflow issues you have with Renoise? i’d be very much interested in seeing if i can use LUA to code scriptual improvements to Quality-of-Life of using Renoise. I’ve been doing this nonstop now for 5 months straight, and am over 1000+ functions into Paketti.

2 Likes

Is this the official Renoise worship thread?

It is! It’s cheap, it’s mature, it’s well designed and it’s open for extras like tools for those who need it. Personally I don’t even know what to improve, and I’m not even using any tools. Renoise is already perfect if you’re using it as a tracker, just like some of you probably did in the past with basic trackers like ProTracker or FastTracker.

5 Likes

There are many ares where things could be improved (pattern sequencer, alternative note data visualisations, CLAP support, etc.).

But to me the main shortcoming still is (ironically) the sampler in Renoise (and hence Redux as well), which misses basic features that (hardware) samplers 35 years ago could already do.

For more details, see here and here.

When I first encountered Renoise, paying for a tracker felt outrageous. Now it just feels like an incredible deal, zero regrets.

I am an intermittent user, and whenever I come back, Renoise is just sitting there, good to go. It runs on a potato and comes with an excellent set of tools out of the box. I’m fairly sure I’ve been responsible for selling a few licenses, which is my small payback.

It feels like modern luxury Protracker with benefits, which is something that I enjoy.

4 Likes