Renoise + Kaossilator Pro

hello’

I just bought a Kaossilator Pro, to play with it’s own internal synth and to play vsti on my favourite trackers !

The little problem is that kaoss pro in external control midi mode sends notes on X axis but don’t send velocity on Y axis…

So I break my head :panic: on many sequencing softwares to have vsti full control (x = notes, Y = velocity or any parameter :( ) and finally found the solution on renoise !!! :drummer:

How to :

plug the kaoss pro in usb, configure the good midi in port in renoise

turn the kpro in external midi mode ( shift+8 )

open a renoise “automation device”, attribute a slider to a parameter from a vsti, like synth1 filter freq…

THE FINAL TRICK :

option / midi mapping, click the “automation device” slider to control (like normal kazakhstan)

now hold a finger pressed on the Kpro to have midi cc 119 binded (it will show 118 too but this one is less accurate)…

and with your other hand close the midi mapping window ! (if you release your finger on the kpro before closing the mapping window it attribute cc 92 and it doesn’t work)

So if you have 2 hands and a correct brain, you can now play like a monkey on lsd with all your favorite vstis !
There’s just a little strange thing, Y axis is reversed.

That’s all folks !

:yeah:

When you are setting up the MIDI mappings, notice that you have two sliders there: Min 0.000% and Max 100.000%

Try reversing the values so that it reads: Min 100.000% and Max 0.000%

Now it should be flipped correctly.

Thx !

I are retarded… :dribble:

To clarify; are you saying that its possible to use the kaoss for note input? Because that would be super cool. If yes, can the KSP specify scales?
I’ve been wondering.

I’m speaking about the kaossilator Pro, new one which is the size of a kaoss pad 3. Not the little yellow one.

And yes, the Kpro send notes on any scales and key via midi out, on X. On Y you have to do my trick to use midi cc 119 as controller but it’s not a default feature. I found it by monitoring with midi ox.

K. thanks.