Renoise Loads Slower....

…and slower, on each open.

Why?

First time you open it, it blasts away, but later…

really? maybe I’m tripping but to me it always seems like opening renoise for the first time after a reboot of the computer takes the longest time. Like searching for new vst’s or whatever needs to be cached somewhere, and after this has happened reopening is much faster.

yea… but for me its the other way-round

since which version?

jonas: Same here. Starting Renoise on WinXP startup could take up to almost a minute. Starting Renoise when WinXP is done with it’s ‘shit’ often takes less than 10 seconds. :)

Since forever. 1.8 beta 7 or something.

I was so happy to see that it was so fast… but …It was to good to be true.

BTW. I run AMDAthlon 64 3,2Ghz with 2Gb RAmmm… Xp Sp2. (legal version!)

Is it possible to switch off the automatic comparing of vstcache & vstfolder and do this manually if you have installed new plugins?

I have all vsts and vsti’s in the same folder…

…and it takes 13seconds after the message box

lol

The more system resources are used, the longer it will take for the startup, especially when the HD is busy. Thats also why for most people the second startup is faster, because the system already cached parts of the file/folder access that Renoise uses when looking for new VSTs. At the end this is not really a big problem, or does it then take minutes to launch?

“because the system already cached parts of the file/folder access that Renoise uses when looking for new VSTs. At the end this is not really a big problem”

On my system here it defenitely doesn’t take ‘minutes’ to launch (more or less 10 seconds on a computer that’s been on for 2 weeks without defrag, leaching a bunch of torrents in the background),…
but I tend to switch between (audio) apps a lot, waveditors, whatever…and if being able to manually ‘click’ on the comparing of vst folder with cache in Renoise instead of automatically checking as it is right now would speed up the launch…then that option would be cool.

for me this is a small niggle, focus on the cool stuff first :)

I never defrag my hard disks, and the VST scanning still takes not more than 3-4 seconds, on low-medium system activity.

I have about 80 VST plugins on my side.

I use Serial ATA Hard Disks

well the difference is I have a few 1000 plugins, maybe I should quit collecting :)

my thingie still needs 13seconds on startup and another 8 on second open…

I run 2,3 ghrrz 64-bit amd athlon… sooooooo…

the "creating new document "part takes the longest time…