Renoise marketing should take inspiration from this...

No, it is in fact a very cheap form of advertisement and using this type of excuse for not disclosing a functional demo of the software and dissing other software in general in order to convince people to buy your stuff is simply the same as selling cheap politics or cheap religion.
When it regards to tools for music making, you as software producer don’t know what fits a musician the best so they have to determine that on their own. Saying that your software is simply the best there is based on some surfacial facts doesn’t work for me.
What they are doing there is trying to convince Joe Average he can turn into a money making producer even if Average Joe is Pathetic Patrick on music area. It is the most sleeziest type of advertising you can do and you don’t do the music business any good by trying to sell your product this way.
Yes you can get your money back in 60 days if it doesn’t bring you what it promises, but i suspect they have even better convincing techniques to persuade you into keeping the product when you would try to apply for that guarantee.

The pitch seems great, but the approach is disgusting imho. Advertising through spread of personal opinion works much better (and i mean real live testimonials on independent blogs and IRC and social profiles, not that dictated stuff anybody can make up)

I have to agree with vV on this one. I do not think it would be beneficial for Renoise to promote it as, “the easy way to your next Will I Am or Adele style top 10 hit song.”

awesome
why waste money on a midi keyboard when you can use the mouse, to click?

Probably :P

Ok the animation is good but the voice over was very irritating, I agree entirely with Vv and IMO its all a bit too dumbed down for potential Renoise users who (without wanting to cause any offence) are probably more intelligent/knowledgable than the typical producer wannabe.

I do however agree with the premise of the ad… that you don’t need to spend megabucks or need the latest DAW’s to make professional sounding music, I’m just not sure if that is an effective sales pitch.

review of dr. drum:

wow. i have no words.
(and notice the excellent eraser/undo functionality :dribble: )

Yeah okay now i really laughed my lungs out
Specially the look on his face at the end of the video

BANGERS!!!

DR. DRUM compo?
trololol.

Haha, real pro’s don’t need undo!

And if all else fails… boobs

You know, you can almost copy the whole dr Drum idea into a Renoise tool. The only thing that you probably cannot copy is the drag and drop stuff.

Owh i forgot…we already have one

"when the eraser does work… " xDDD

Renoise could use a ‘move’ and ‘eraser’ function.
I hate it that I have to start all over again after I accidentally place a note somewhere offbeat.

You must think like a pro.

Lay down those fat, bangin’ beats with enough confidence to know that where you put that note is exactly where it’s supposed to be!

BANGERS!

I said the presentation was nice, but the copy was really poor. But it WAS a nice presentation. If they had better copy, and a better product it would probably be really effective! I stand by my thoughts! That is a nice web demo presentation. It’s just bad copy, and a poor product. I don’t even fault the voice talent becuase she obviously was readying copy she was given. I think that if they make any sales at all with that product then the presentation is working overtime to get the job done!

This is one of the reply girls. She has youtube partnership and posts pointless video “reviews” as replies to popular videos, so her video thumbnail will appear in Related videos box. People see boobs and instantly click on it without thinking, and she gets the ad money. So she is not actually reviewing the product, but the review of the product.

Also her looking specially stupid and the video being completely pointless are also intentional. Because then people will comment on the video and dislike it, both which raise the rating for the clip for it to appear higher in the related listings.

Source: It’s Suva

:P/>

Fair enough, it is a nice web presentation and I’m not disputing that, but I think this kind of animated style is better suited for communicating ideas as demonstrated by the excellent RSA Animate series.

If I am looking to buy something I want to see the thing in action, screenshots, audio demos, tutorials, comments from users etc. When I come across something that has lots of flashy animations but no real demonstration of the product then I suspect the product is crap and that the all the fancy stuff is to compensate for this… which in the case of Dr.Drum seems to be the case.

Guilty as charged…

I found the same video at dalymotion. I love the two comments below:

3 days ago by DUBturbo-Beat-Maker  
Looks like an amazing software. I am currently searching for the best beat makers online and I think I found one.  
DUB-turbo-com  
3 weeks ago by DUB-turbo-com  
Thank you for posting this review!  

Mind truly blown. Love the earnestness and patience of the guy in the review. Amazing stuff. :)

Was this made by the same guys that put out The War Z by any chance? :lol: