Renoise master soft clipping as a plugin/dsp?

Hey,

I am looking for a way to use Renoise soft clipping (which only works on master post) as a plugin dsp device before master… Is there any way to do this or do you know a soft clipping plugin for mac au/vst?

thanks

You mean a LIMITER may be?

the distortion dps. set to shape does exactly that (you have to adjust the driver though, I think 1% should be right)

hm, no, maybe a soft-knee limiter. For example I tried the waves limiters in our studio, but I have no usage for them, they seem to modify the transients a lot (if you hear them in the mix) or I am not able to use them correctly (but there are not much controls anyway). limiter no6 is far too complicated for me.gclipper is only available for windows. melda mlimiter looks very nice and seems to be free. But I would like to have exactly the kind of sound of the renoise soft clipper.

the distortion dps. set to shape does exactly that (you have to adjust the driver though, I think 1% should be right)

no, the distortion does hard clipping in razor mode, and the other modes doesn’t seem to have anything to do with clipping.

EDIT: Oh sorry, over-read “shape” mode :slight_smile: Will try it, thanks.

I don’t like the Waves limiter either. I find that Pro-L is pretty cool for (attempting to) preserve transients. I needed a free alternative today so I’ve A-B’ed a couple freebies and I think Pocket Limiter sounds pretty good/close. Give it a try if you are looking for that kind of thing.

I don’t like the Waves limiter either. I find that Pro-L is pretty cool for (attempting to) preserve transients. I needed a free alternative today so I’ve A-B’ed a couple freebies and I think Pocket Limiter sounds pretty good/close. Give it a try if you are looking for that kind of thing.

Hey man, thanks for the suggestion. Sadly it’s only windows :slight_smile:

You know you can use mcompressor to make any limiter you want, right?