Renoise meetup/workshop in Berlin

Good idea. Count me in as well.

Sounds awesome. It’s not gonna happen for me this year though. My fly to Berlin from Montreal for the weekend budget has been exhausted on other travel plans :wink:

Good luck.

Whenthe meetupis announced well in advance or will be on a weekend, then I would say I am close to Berlin (I live 450 km away).

Hey, that’s the spirit - “close to Berlin, 450 km”, autobahn, oder?

I guess Sunday is not that bad here. Would be better than, say, a Wednesday?

Time for an UPDATE - asdate and place is now settled on.

The venue is a small gallery space in Friedrichshain - very nice and friendly people there.
See first post for details.

And yes, there will be a schedule for the evening -
even if it’s very loosely organized I want to have a couple of fixtures -

First of all, I am going to present a crazy new tool, xStream. Keywords: live coding, DIY sequencer thingamebob.
I will release it next week, so you can try it out before the workshop. Buthere is a screenshot to whet your appetites.

Another focus of mine is to bring more controller support to Renoise, via the Duplex project. This is more of an
on-going process - however, if someone has a Push controller, don’t forget to bring it :slight_smile:

Secondly, Mr. Palo van Dalo has agreed to come and play some sounds using Steppor, his homebrewed sequencer.

And this, I guess, is the second part. I do love to talk, but we should not forget to play.

this is cool, wish i lived in berlin :frowning:

Going by the success of this event, perhaps we could host one in the London / Brighton area some time??

Let’s make it happen in London.

Thank you very much again for this meetup! It was a pleasure getting to know the faces behind Renoise and some of its awesome tools. You guys really rock, all of you!

Looking forward to the next one! :smiley:

Would have loved being there! …report / video / pics please, or it didn’t happen! :slight_smile: NO CATS

Turned out we were six people + our host - just enough to make it worthwhile.

The venue was great, and it was truly great to meet some of you guys.

Palo van Dalo started by going through his creation, Stepp0r, bit by bit

(hint: every Launchpad owner absolutely needs to check out this tool, it has become awesome)

That kind of shifted into me talking about my new tool, xStream.

As it turned out that everybody was a software developer in one way or another, it was well received :slight_smile:

After my presentation, taktik gave a little inpromptu concert using xStream ‘random increase’ and various mutated presets.

I really hope we have some footage of this part, because it sounded wonderful and bizarre!!

Third leg involved going to an Indian restaurant, then beer and schnapps :smiley:

We did shoot some video of the event, but on a laptop which is now back in the Renoise HQ.

So, in a few days …

I can only agree. The meeting was very positive constructive and enjoyable. Thank you for your feedback to my plugin and thanks for the nice meeting.

any news about some new renoise?

any news about some new renoise?

Well, we have seen an early version of Renoise 3.1, but there were no secret announcements or surprise features, just what is already on the forums.

just what is already on the forums.

Haha. I’m reading “the devs implemented what’s already on the forums” as the devs implemented every feature requests ever asked until now, including asks found in random off topic threads, ideas that conflict with each other, and jokes.

Renoise 3.1 is gonna be HUGE!

Found this on Youtube:

Found this on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo5ZbyhiUIA

https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-3-0-3-1-xstream/44430

are there other vid’s made ?

are there other vid’s made ?

Yes, a bit more video was shot of the Stepp0r presentation - but I think Palo van Dalo is more interested at demonstrating how it works than how it was made :slight_smile:

Other than that, no.

Yes, a bit more video was shot of the Stepp0r presentation - but I think Palo van Dalo is more interested at demonstrating how it works than how it was made :slight_smile:

Yes, and the core of the feedback was I should create tutorial videos on youtube. Theses videos show basically what I’ve presented on this meetup (without the coding stuff of course :D)

thank you !