Renoise Mockup (Live Features)

A good thing then that Renoise has more than one developer :D

I’d propose two modes … one where the end of the shorter track would be padded with empty notes… and one where the shorter track loops in such a manner that it goes out of sync, and thus would have no control over the sync of other tracks… but would still wait till the end of its own playback to jump to the next queued track on that channel… this could be controlled by a button at the top of the pattern matrix

That would suck ass… I wonder what a contract like that would entail, considering that Ableton has a lot of shared features with Renoise already

Then as long as Renoise has it, it will not be like Ableton :P

Which argument would that be? O.o

But I loves tha 'neel! :D

This is the feature i have been hoping for on the matrix
Hope it gets in

Cheers

Once again this could be done much more easily in Buzz. It’s even better there than in Ableton Live. If Renoise would treat tracks as independent sub-pattern objects (similar to how Buzz does it, ie. each pattern is only a collection of references to track-of-pattern objects), one could very quickly just change the tracks for each song position in the pattern matrix.

Buzz gives each such object a keyboard shortcut automatically, so the pattern matrix can be filled with these track-of-pattern objects very rapidly, just like one enters notes in a pattern.

You can do this in Renoise as well, it is called “reVisIT” and each pattern is assignable to a MIDI note ;)

Revisit always crashes here
Also revisit is not exactly Renoise now is it, Lets be honest here (It is way way way from being Renoise)
I would guess as you are part of the team combined with that reply that it is not gonna happen though hahahaha
Just stick to Ableton i guess

Cheers

BUMP! Come on guys!

@Monsieur baguette: Yeah I knew that Taktik was one of the ableton live devs (It was mentioned somewhere …), but WTF?! I mean that “contract” thingy is a joke right? :o

Hmmm i’m not the kind of person who likes to spam, but yeah … let’s say it’s just an “up” for this topic!
So don’t be shy guys! Any comment or suggestion is welcome!

I’ll put the same video (just in case):

I like this idea :)

@sodiufas: ;)

@byte-smasher and Bungle: guys we need more support! Spread the link to this topic, especially to people who want renoise to have some live performance features (and I bet there are many out there)!

Again, any suggestion or comment would be nice! :)

KRIX

Not sure the devs see the value in using Renoise in this way
But you never know ;)

B

Well, I don’t see any feedback from the devs (Taktik busy?), so I actually don’t know if they like it or not, but we’ll see!

Oh by the way, “Live” in the title doesn’t stand for “ableton live”, it’s just the word live (like in live performance)!
hmmm whatever …

KRIX

:)

+1 for asynchronous playback and looped segments.

even really simple programs such as the chip tracker lsdj have this feature. If a pattern is a different length (such as a 3/4 pattern and a 4/4 pattern) you can create, ‘evolving rhythms’ as they loop round together they ‘meet’ (start from the beginnings of their cycles together) every 12 or 24 beats (4 x 3 = 12, 3 x 4 = 12, 4 x 6 =24, 3 x 8 = 24).

You can make really nice drum parts this way…they sound freer, like a bongo solo (muting parts of the cycle out works nice with this as well)…polyrhythms!!! totalleeeee

ye, i really like to play with this. a very simple way to create dynamic sounding rhythms quickly. now, it’s not that hard to do with copy paste but one can do really fun stuff by changing the lengths while the patterns are playing. dunno how it would look in renoise though… representation-wise, i mean.

LSDJ/Ableton Live like asynchronous pattern triggering would be the absolute killer feature for renoise!

It could look like this (thanks cytone):

this combined with launchpad would be killer :D

the live mockup video is great. id love to be able to launch individual tracks on separate patterns in this way. it would be awsome!!! i thought this is what the pattern matrix would be used for before it came out. asynchronous would be even better…really hope it can happen