Renoise Natives Compo - Round I #BREAKBEATZ *closed*

Welcome:FiEND:. :drummer: & Glad u made iT into the #compo! :walkman:

Finally there’s a compo where I can actually make the deadline and submit an entry, I always stumble upon these things too late. I almost did now too until I realised it was extended and I managed to bang out something in time for consideration that did not suck. Bigup to El°HYM for the comp! =D

So I present you my submission composed with the default Renoise 3.1 resources.:

Stream BREAKiNG iN THE NATiVES by FiEND | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

I hope you guys like it, and it was hella fun to work with a limited palette and did wonders for brushing up on sampleoffset and finetuning skills. =) The tune has a nod and a wink to the breakbeat rave of the 90’s as well as some big headbang to the big-beat of the 00’s. With a few dottet sprinkles of punk and laissez-faire here and there.

Good luck to everyone and I hope there are more entries coming in the days until deadline!

Here’s a song from me

http://soundcloud.com/glixxando/drills-117bpm-ver2

Download the XRNS:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjei6rsgw9vzy3w/glixxando%20-%20drills%20%28117bpm%29%20-%20v2.xrns?raw=1

Edit: OK, there was a sound near the end of the original mix which was definitely not supposed to be there.

So, new version of both xrns and on soundcloud. A bit louder and also with, eh, a better ending :slight_smile:

Here’s my song:

I think mono compatibility is screwed … and I’m completely unsure about the mix. Any comments are welcome. Thanks!

Great one @lilith :walkman:

& Added 2 Da #Bunch!

ok so here’s my entry

i failed so hard at this :frowning:

project file download link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11TGVxjEnKto9SOVo5LkOIuSELMfx82dG

https://soundcloud.com/the-nephilim-641228309/space-break1-land-of-bits

Thanks, I made some minor changes and uploaded a new version. I wonder if the mix is ok. Are there any frequencies missing or is something too prominent?

ok so here’s my entry

going to edit the post so i can share the link to donwload the XRNX and the mp3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk5Cquy7ecE&feature=youtu.be

The tune is cool, but there’s by far too much going on in the range below ~50 Hz. It even sounds distorted. I would use a lot of HFP filters on the instruments where it’s not needed. How did you resolve your CPU problem btw.?

Hey hombré, could u post a #soundcloud - link for our ‘wacky’ little compo…when ur done with further #tweaking?..cool ur back, bro! :walkman:

ok so here’s my entry

going to edit the post so i can share the link to donwload the XRNX and the mp3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk5Cquy7ecE&feature=youtu.be

The tune is cool, but there’s by far too much going on in the range below ~50 Hz. It even sounds distored. I would use a lot of HFP filters on the instruments where it’s not needed. How did you resolve your CPU problem btw.?

im still unable to work …when i start a nu session …even with the simplest instruments and procesing…renoise starts to get slow

some of the drum machine instruments that ive upload it …take up to 40% cpu ussage

and when i load them in redux …but inside reaper they take less than 3%…

at this point i dont know…if its something windows related…its…screwing me so hard !!!

I only have it with windows on the laptop on battery. On the Desktop PC with Linux and on the laptop with the main supply it’s fine. Can you reinstall windows? Or is it due to energy saving maybe?

im still unable to work …when i start a nu session …even with the simplest instruments and procesing…renoise starts to get slow

some of the drum machine instruments that ive upload it …take up to 40% cpu ussage

and when i load them in redux …but inside reaper they take less than 3%…

at this point i dont know…if its something windows related…its…screwing me so hard !!!

Hey hombré, could u post a #soundcloud - link for our ‘wacky’ little compo…when ur done with further #tweaking?..cool ur back, bro! :walkman:

i just modify the post

let me render a few things to upload the xrnx

no hay problema, mi amigo!

i just modify the post

let me render a few things to upload the xrnx

Hi - I also step in. Proud to finally be able to present some results of the skills I aquired during the last years!

Was a bit pressed by time, wanted to get it done in time, so I didn’t try to make it perfect…composition suffered most from this, it really is a daft simple tune.

http://soundcloud.com/zer0_fly/natives-haze

Should I upload the (very messy, yay! better not try to learn from, also uses lots of cpu…) .xrns in download section here?

Hi - I also step in. Proud to finally be able to present some results of the skills I aquired during the last years!

Was a bit pressed by time, wanted to get it done in time, so I didn’t try to make it perfect…composition suffered most from this, it really is a daft simple tune.

SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds

Should I upload the (very messy, yay! better not try to learn from, also uses lots of cpu…) .xrns in download section here?

super nice !!! :slight_smile:

WTF did you smoke? :drummer: My fav up to now! Sounds raw and perfect to my ears.

Pretty much nailed the main #theme with this one @Zer0 Fly :drummer: You can upload ur #XRNS on the 31th , if it doesnt #break the server. :ph34r:

Ok, grab my .xrns from the downloads section. -> http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/files/file/676-natives-haze/

Its really raw shit, and will use a lot of cpu. you can regain by setting all filters oversampling to “off”. My soundcloud entry and the preview .mp3 are straight 192 k renders from the .xrns, converted to 44.1 mp3.

@Land of Bits maybe I know what could be your cpu problem if it started when you introduced sidechaining in mixing. renoise cannot spread load along cpus when controlling a track’s fx from another track via sidechaining. to gain back cpu you can try to keep the LFO/signal followers in tracks, but move all effects that are controlled to apply the sidechain to sends. my entry for this round does exactly this, so it can run on multicore.

@Land of Bits maybe I know what could be your cpu problem if it started when you introduced sidechaining in mixing. renoise cannot spread load along cpus when controlling a track’s fx from another track via sidechaining. to gain back cpu you can try to keep the LFO/signal followers in tracks, but move all effects that are controlled to apply the sidechain to sends. my entry for this round does exactly this, so it can run on multicore.

thanks for this important info i did not knew about this cpu issue with the sidechaining maybe thats the problem …thanks !!!

Glad I could assist @LOB

Oh and I’ve seen the rules demand upload not before, but only as early as on the 31.3.'18…Oops…when was this changed/announced? Did the elders have a secret meeting, conjuring the spirits to come to such wise descision?

Okok, I removed the .xrns as for now, and hope whoever did download it before has a nice advantage in the compo.

I will reup it as soon as is demanded. I will be on the road around the end of month, but I will try my best to upload on the 31.

The reason is, that uploaded before wouldnt make sense, if people giving their #votes there, too. Yet I would say, do as U like; we just leave that out for now & Do the Main Voting in this #thread …why make things complicated, when they can be done easy. :ph34r:

Glad I could assist @LOB

Oh and I’ve seen the rules demand upload not before, but only as early as on the 31.3.'18…Oops…when was this changed/announced? Did the elders have a secret meeting, conjuring the spirits to come to such wise descision?

Okok, I removed the .xrns as for now, and hope whoever did download it before has a nice advantage in the compo.

I will reup it as soon as is demanded. I will be on the road around the end of month, but I will try my best to upload on the 31.