Renoise Natives Compo - Round I #BREAKBEATZ *closed*

Ah ok I get the idea to use the downloads section voting system. I wouldn’t do that, it could be manipulated with fake accounts or uninvolved bystanders - and I am hoping we are a civilised tribe and already have built our own rules of society to sit on top of the law of the jungle! Like the taboo of not to kill other contestants with curare poisoned arrows, that kind of stuff is preserved for our game, for the tribe to feast on…

Maybe I upload .xrns again soon, so people get a fair chance to try the renoise native pseudo mastering that makes my daft tune sound so fat and hazey…it even has a send to activate to let you hear how shitty it sounds without the processing…

Lol ?

It was a great honor for me to see such potent musical creativity in here.

I really have to thank every single one of you; this was also an experience.

It was a great honor for me to see such potent musical creativity in here.

I really have to thank every single one of you; this was also an experience.

bro…u sounding like this is the end,…i know i,ve been a bit off,but im back now to try to help you the best i can !!! …true …natives… :yeah: :yeah: :drummer: :guitar:

you think you want to quit the job now? :smashed:

as deadline is not reached yet - and I found myself in position to have some extra hours available than I thought, and remixed my tune.

I am also very sorry that the last version sounds so harsh. I learned from this experience, that beer is no good fuel for mixing session, and I was mixing too quietly. I made it much more pleasant to hear at high volume, and also revised many other details in the mix while I was at it…and just want to fix some minor details tomorrow and hear on speaker, then I upload the new version & xrns, that, or the one I already got from session today.

No worries here, as I am used to finish my projects/work in an adequate and professional way & I dont like #destructive behavior in general. You’re submissions are safe, just keep them coming…winner will be picked after the deadline in this thread, as stated. No drama intended at all…yet I also refuse to further participate in these forums. :ph34r: :yeah:

you think you want to quit the job now? :smashed:

as deadline is not reached yet - and I found myself in position to have some extra hours available than I thought, and remixed my tune.

I am also very sorry that the last version sounds so harsh. I learned from this experience, that beer is no good fuel for mixing session, and I was mixing too quietly. I made it much more pleasant to hear at high volume, and also revised many other details in the mix while I was at it…and just want to fix some minor details tomorrow and hear on speaker, then I upload the new version & xrns, that, or the one I already got from session today.

bro…u sounding like this is the end,…i know i,ve been a bit off,but im back now to try to help you the best i can !!! …true …natives… :yeah: :yeah: :drummer: :guitar:

Ok I upped the new mix, much better now I think. xrns also uploaded: http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/files/file/676-natives-haze/

Even if you leave this messy place, thanks a lot for driving this compo. It finally made me produce a little track, and I’ve learnt more than I thought before by doing so.

This place is still a great resource for all renoise users, almost every question has been answered & will be answered; been here 10+ years now. :walkman:

Ok I upped the new mix, much better now I think. xrns also uploaded: http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/files/file/676-natives-haze/

Even if you leave this messy place, thanks a lot for driving this compo. It finally made me produce a little track, and I’ve learnt more than I thought before by doing so.

@Zer0 Fly …new version sounds pretty good on my desktop speakers; the mid(s) bass could need a tiny bit of mild distortion, in case u want those present on the cheap monitoring most people use while listening to soundcloud - stuff e.g. laptop - speakers, small noise boxes…u kno whut eye mean. :walkman: fire track!

thanks for your comment, I will leave it as it is though, I don’t have the time and energy to further dabble in this atm…have to let go for now…

yes the bass pluck was tuned with its macros to sound less tinny between versions, but I had forgotten to boost back the presence in the mix, as the lack is only obvious when you listen with bass cut out up to the mids. I already noticed while playing on smartphone, you cannot hear the bass instru anymore, before it was present enough. duh…harmonics already there, no need for disto, just eq needs to be opened up again to let more of them through. I not try again, it would just make me revise the complete mix once again…

normally I listen to the tune with hipass filter of varying cutoff to make sure it sounds ok without bass. need to make routine of cutting way more to make sure.

well I’m still learning, I think I still have to find my methods for achieving the right frequency balance. think it still is a tiny too dull and a hint of too much/too muddy bass content.

No need to waste your energy on the net, bro…remember its a net. :ph34r: Also heard you’re holding the nu #record in endless - rendering, now. :walkman:

thanks for your comment, I will leave it as it is though, I don’t have the time and energy to further dabble in this atm…have to let go for now…

yes the bass pluck was tuned with its macros to sound less tinny between versions, but I had forgotten to boost back the presence in the mix, as the lack is only obvious when you listen with bass cut out up to the mids. I already noticed while playing on smartphone, you cannot hear the bass instru anymore, before it was present enough. duh…harmonics already there, no need for disto, just eq needs to be opened up again to let more of them through. I not try again, it would just make me revise the complete mix once again…

normally I listen to the tune with hipass filter of varying cutoff to make sure it sounds ok without bass. need to make routine of cutting way more to make sure.

well I’m still learning, I think I still have to find my methods for achieving the right frequency balance. think it still is a tiny too dull and a hint of too much/too muddy bass content.

I just couldn’t let go…tried somthing for the learning experience of getting to know my monitor sources, and think I found much better balance in the master eq and bands compression attacks…as @el°hym #suggested added harmonics to bass to make smartphone or laptop users happy, and tried to make bass more wellformed and more tasteful amount alltogether.

sigh it is like this…I have one thing, and go over and over it again and again, each iteration makes sound more refined somehow, and the next builds up from it.

P.S. I did my work in such messy style just to get it done. I know the compo was also about creating new instruments for other users. in next month I will make a session and extract the funk drum kit, the conga kit, the didgery like synth, and the cowbell to instruments cleaned up suitable to be used for new songs & for the download area.

Yay! Renoise native Cowbell instrument! Everyone has been waiting for! 3 variation round robin 2 pitches.

Those people, only having their smartphone to browse these forums, will heavenly thank you for this & I know there are 1 or 2. :ph34r: Maybe U also wanna get in touch with @LandofBits about the compo & further ideas…eye can also suggest a short chat with @TheBellows regarding this topic. Happy Ishtar everyone!

Is the deadline for this at 12:00am on March 31st, or can we upload at any time tomorrow?

Good question; lets say then its Tomorrow @ Midnight (EDT) which gives you more than 1 Day to upload your track. :walkman: :yeah:

Is the deadline for this at 12:00am on March 31st, or can we upload at any time tomorrow?

You are very kind sir, I will upload tomorrow then!

W el come & no prob…since u somehow initiated all of this! hehe :walkman: Looking #ffw 2 hear ur #track:drummer:

You are very kind sir, I will upload tomorrow then!

Alright, it’s done and uploaded to the site!

Let me know what you think, it’s totally inspired by John Coltrane and Pharaoh Sanders and is meant to be super experimental.

super nice songs all of you guys :slight_smile:

also …thanks to

El°HYM

for making this happen …now i know that i really suck in all of this…! but also i’ve been with out internet in my place for the past 2 days … .i’m going to edit my post right now so my project file its available for download !!