Renoise On 32" Monitor Ftw

I’m guessing it’s not possible to roll the eyes to the extreme left/right without being tempted to move the head as well - but let us know if you get used to the head rotating action :)

I’ve used a pair of 17" monitors in a spanned 2560x1024 mode for a few years now. It’s nice to have the extra tracks & horizontal resolution for sample editing although if things are displayed between screens it’s clearly a bit naff with borders in the way…I’ve been tempted by Samsung & Dell’s 30-32" dual DVI displays which do look the shiz, but I can’t justify spending quite that much.
On a good note, it’s nice to be able to browse & watch a flick at a decent resolution at the same time, and in some scenarios it can help productivity quite a bit, I just wish I could produce more!
A nice big HDTV would be nice to work on though, I kinda like pulse’s idea of sitting in an armchair & making beats, I wonder if that would help?.. :)

Possibly, but not as much as composing during an all-nighter. Nothing turns on the creative right hemisphere of the brain more than that I find. :)

I too found the 30" monitor in the Apple store a bit weird to use, it feels like sitting too close to the TV. Yes, maybe one just needs to get used to it. I do use a 24" every day at work, I think its size and pixel pitch is perfect so I may get one myself (I would opt for the Samsung 245T S-PVA).

I think, monitors with more than 24" are crazy. :blink:
If you really want more you should get two monitors and use them as dual head display.

NEC has recently released the CRV-43, which would be probably great for Renoise running at 2.880 x 900 pixel resolution. With a price tag of roughly 8000 USD it’s one of the more expensive gadgets to have though. ;)

Getting the new 26" on monday - can’t wait ;) I can’t see what’s really better about 2 monitors compared to one giant one of equuivalent size…

You can have Live running in full screen on one and Renoise running in fullscreen on the other.

But then couldn’t you just put them side by side on a giant single monitor anyway? With a big enough res, they’ll still be taking up ‘fullscreen’ size equivalent.

You find a screen that is as wide as two 16:9 monitors side by side. Now find me a graphics card which will output 3840x1080 on a single DVI connector. Now try running two windows in F11 fullscreen mode on the same monitor, or even just maximised rather than pissing around trying to get them fitting nicely next to each.

I suppose it doesn’t help that the cost of bigger monitors is rather disproportionate to their size.

For your last point by the way, there’s a nice util called WinSplit Revolution which overcomes the messy window arranging to a degree.

WHOA, what a wonderful tool!

hey

I used Renoise on a 32" samsung monitor for a while last year. no difference in productivity to my 15" laptop screen, I found it slightly more irritating tbh as my eyes had to move around more. I’ve still got the huge monitor but I just use it for watching video now.

weyheyhey, I’m presuming it was 1920*1080 resolution. Did you use loads of tracks, and if so find that it was nice not to have to scroll left/right to see everything at once?

Nvidia drivers have ‘split’ or ‘spanned’ modes, Split allows you to run 2 apps in fullscreen mode side by side. A lot of the 32" displays have 2 DVI inputs allowing it to run in this mode :)

can’t remember the res… hmm, I guess it’s something like that. Yeah, it was nice as most of my songs use 20-40 tracks but I tend to shift them around and group the ones I’m working on in a particular section so it’s not too bad @ 1024x768 on my laptop right now ;)

A 32" display that lets you show both inputs at the same time side by side? Never seen that although seen some poor PIP stuff in the past. And you’re still halving the horizontal resolution as the monitor with only be 1920x1200 anyway.

Hello,

I am new here and don’t know much about trackers. But one thing I can show you: Renoise running on two 30" monitors at a total resolution of 5120x1600 pixels with font-size “huge”.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5817/reno…1600image3f.jpg :w00t:

Enjoy it!

Schraubhuber

Wow! :D

Welcome to the forums btw!

WHOAAH

That is too nice!!
:D