Renoise Passaround Project

Ok, I better look into that, I haven’t actually looked at it yet. I just uploaded it blindly. If Sonicade has changed it all, I’ll tell him to fix it. Ken, FIX it. That’s right, fix it. :P

I had used a different version of Synth1, my apologies.

The volume was very low so I maxed the master channel volume. I had a gainer on it as well but took removed it to keep it simple. The only dsp changes I made were in the some brass channel where I set them off in my first pattern to avoid affecting earlier patterns. They are left on at the end of my bit so I leave it to the next tracker to do what they like.

Well I’m not sure if you’re aware of this, but if I was using an older version of renoise it simply wouldnt load; as for synth1, it was the file on micks website. So if there is a difference between your version and mine, given the context, I’d suggest you might want to update yours ;)

Having said that the issue doesnt seem to be traceable; it would appear that the instruments you’ve added somehow killed synth1 on my machine, but no logical explanation can be found. Perhaps its some sort of CPU overload thing, although it is running well under 30%…so that doesnt figure either, at least not with any level of transperancy.

It works fine if you copy the newer pattern sequences to the previous version and substitute the instruments you added with existing ones, so something has definately changed; it is neither a figment of my imagination nor a problem of software versions, that does not rule out a bug in the software however.

EDIT:

should have double checked this first - you are indeed using a different version to the one on micks site, he’s hosting 1.06 alpha…
Try doing what you did again using his version, you could make a backup of the existing files and delete these ones once you’re done.

hi,
weird, i saw no different patch values (beside 107 alpha2 adds some knobs) nor does 107 sound duller than 106 in general. nevertheless 106 plays it brighter, like cut off higher.

well,i downloaded and used the v107 alpha2 and everything sounds fine again, so no need to redo the patterns. but some need for an explanation. :huh:

what about posting into the ideas forum about distinguishing vsts not only by id but also by dll file crc? like “warning, vst had different crc, confusion might come”… it’s also a good idea to be able to load different versions of vsts without changing vst directories

beside that all sonicade’s additions are really cool
weird, with v106 and not intended patches it sounds even better, the brass gets brighter, just the guitar has to replaced by the old one

regards

ps: oops, pat 26-28 get somehow detuned with 107, but it’s not that serious, oops yes there’s the neverending bass note, well, who caresg…dunno

what about putting together zynsubfx or so and some windows gdi code and have a compo tracker? just asking…guess no one cares like everytime…

Excuse the OT post, but:

Hello you little aussies! I’m in Armidale… we should have a Renoise party in Newcastle this year??? Maybe when soundsummit is on?

Ok, carry on with your LT2 subversion (which looks like it’s going very well). :P

LT2 is going well, you’ll see! ;)

And btw… I want to be the next! And there we go:
http://webuser.fh-furtwangen.de/~hamuni/pa…passaround5.rns

Alright thanks for the insight Alexstrain and Shruggy. It looks like my using the newer version of Synth1 did cause problems and I apologize. I have uninstalled 1.07 and installed 1.06 and am working on fixing the file. Sorry for the mix up. I downloaded and used Synth1 v1.07 not thinking it would cause problems since it was a newer version. Newer is better right? In hindsight, for the sake of everyone being on the same page, I should have used 1.06. Give me a bit I should have the file working with 1.06.

Alright this should fix the problem. I copied the new data over to the original file from Alexstrain.

Sorry again for the confusion. Looks like it was me who had the incorrect version. Thank you both for pointing this out and the suggestions on getting it fixed.

Sonicade

I’m updating the fixed file to include Gilli’s data as well. If anyone is contributing after Gilli, please wait for this new file. I am working on it now.

ok boys and girls, lets hold the phone. Sonicade has got a version 4, and there’s a version 5 floating about too.

Nobody go off and do a version 6

I think Sonicade is going to try and do some patch-up work, and release that as the new version 6.

@ Aussie People

Wow, Armidale + Sydney, and Newcastle (sorta) in the middle. Fancy that, and here I was thinking I am in the middle of nowhere in an isolated country. :)

Party should be in Forster :P So Foo doesn’t have to make the 400km trek to Newie. Or we find a few more Sydney people. We’ll round up all the Australian renoise people and we’ll all drink beer.

Ginger Beer for me, plus all other standard geek froodmmyumh. Forster sounds good because it’s near my parent’s place (Taree). I say we bring comps and instruments and have a big Renoise jam. But this is v off topic. I shall put some thought to it and email you later…

Carry on with the Passaround.

that sounds like it could be a bit of fun. Someone start a thread in the off topic section giving a callout to aussies, I reckon theres gotta be a few hanging around in the woodwork somewhere. Laurence Davies lives about 20 minutes from me for instance…

Alright here is the fixed passaround6. Hopefully I havent made any errors in anyone’s data.

http://www.Sonicade.com/t/passaround6.rns

I’ve gotten pretty familiar with this file now, people are coming up with some nice stuff! I’m looking forward to doing another bit when it comes around again.

Please let me know if there are any errors.

Sonicade

Who’s up next for the next turn in the passaround! :w00t: :yeah:
Mickripley you gotta update the passaround page with Gilli’s turn (#5). :D
Passaround6.rns is ready to go! Just post here and see http://www.mickrippon.com/passaround/ for instructions!