Renoise Redux Released

Any (un)zip tool should do. Just tried with 7zip on Windows. Could you please try to download again, maybe the download got corrupted somehow…

Hay taktik. Tried redownloading a number of times, even after computer restart. Same thing happens.

Even windows explorer throws some errors for me while trying to unzip it.

Should mention this is the demoversion, not backstage.

Yeah I’m in the same boat.

It works now! :smiley:

Mother of god, there’s a vowel filter

edit: and it’s really, realllly good

All of this is coming in Renoise 3.1 right?

because

Mother of god, there’s a vowel filter

edit: and it’s really, realllly good

This excites the hell out of me

Redux? Never heard of it…ah you mean the cats and porcupines thingy?

Need to check that out!

The family is growing!

Huge respect to the content creators = you did a great job on the Redux presets.

:panic: :clownstep:

Congrats!
I don’t have the need for Redux actually, but tested it now (in Renoise, lol…), and I must say it sounds and feels great. Good job!
I like the various small changes/additions in the DSPs, so definitely looking forward to the next Renoise update!

Can’t wait to try this out! Also props to whoever wrote the quickstart guide. Very well written.

All of this is coming in Renoise 3.1 right?

because

This excites the hell out of me

It is all coming to R3.1, the only question is when. BTW the vowel filter seems to only be available in the modulations section, not as a DSP effect. Unless I missed something?

RIP cats and hedgehogs.

Well, there is Renoise 3.1 to cat-pic and hedgehog over … :slight_smile:

Congratulations! Buying and using ASAP.

Only problem is… my main DAW is renoise… so… time for redux in renoise I guess! :smiley:

Well you / I can already design some nice presets inside Redux and later use it in Renoise 3.1 … right? :slight_smile:

Awesome filters, finally!!! Only EQ5 / EQ10 now needs 12/24/48dB HP/LP filters for first and last band!!! Otherwise no go, this is essential worldwide established standard for an eq. Oversampling maybe also in eq? jajaja!

Well you / I can already design some nice presets inside Redux and later use it in Renoise 3.1 … right? :slight_smile:

Yes! Good idea.

To work!

Hell yes! Can’t wait to play with this. I’ll have to wait a month or so to buy it, but it will be happening.

Congratulations! Buying and using ASAP.

Only problem is… my main DAW is renoise… so… time for redux in renoise I guess! :smiley:

Yo dawg… Now you can use a tracker in the plugin while you use a tracker in the instrument while you use the tracker in thepattern editor :badteeth:

Seriously, it’s good fun. The ability to automate the harmonic scale via MIDI-CC#14/15 alone makes this an interesting proposition.

Some initial thoughts from a noob:

1. It sounds like the oversampled interpolation option has an impact on playback pitch, almost a semitone difference, especially when pitching-up.

2. Phrase editor: The slider-helpers in phrase editor are cute, tweaking them feels more mod-sequencer-like than before, would be cool if implemented into Renoise editor (3.1?). Each phrase can now be either sample-specific or key-zone based, crazy!! The grid and key-mapping are smooth and easy, it’s like they should have alway been that way.

3. There’s a ReWire Input in the fx list, is that really of use?

And the three Instr.xxx meta devices show up as well…but not available.

1. Some VSTi details: Redux only reports the eight macros to host for VSTi parameters. It’s a 12-out, 1-in (all stereo) VSTi, you can route external audio from inputs with Line-in device in fx section.

Interesting. Congratulations on the release.

Some quick observations:

1. Mute Group 00 has been forgotten. Leading to an odd 15 mute groups, instead of the more meaningful 16.

2. I cannot seem to figure out how to record a phrase. The edit cursor is always detached from the play position and I do not see the button that usually changes that.

3. It seems that automation is only possible via the macros. Unfortunately those are limited to 8 at the moment.

Just tested out the demo, God damn there’s so many quality sounds in there! Almost makes me want to buy it before R3.1