I love renoise, but theres one thing i miss a lot about beeing a tracker from the start then leaving that working some years with Reason then back to tracking, and that’s the NN-XT sampler. If renoise RNI had just about the same features as that one i would use Renoise only, not even using VSTi’s that much cuz i dont like em. Most my music is sample based and in tracking i can’t make use of all the neat codes in the effect column when using VSTi’s. I like the pinpoint precission of using effect codes pitching certain notes just before the OFF note triggers portamento and other neat codes.
This is not really a suggestion, but a wish for better RNI features. like…
- Layers, with velocity/knob controlled mixing. between layers.
- Overlapping Keyzones
- Velocity based, volume, cutoff, resonance, pitch, LFO’s etc etc.
- Velocity based … any setting from DSP chain.
- Portamento setting.
- Better envelopes with option to switch between tick/line or time based.
- AutoKeyzone *** <— Very useful (I use a lot of samples and sample massive key ranges)
AutoKeyzone is first on my list of wishes, the other things can be worked around using several tracks and effect column commands.
… So … are some of these features planned? or does anyone have any suggestions for VSTi samplers that are good and flexible, and most importantly easy to use? With Reasons NN-XT in mind is there anything out there similar to that?
Cheers, and thanks for a great piece of software!