Renoise Video Tutorials

The sourceforge-download was corrupted (maybe just didn’t like me?), so I’m downloading from dblue, hoping for the best.

Looking forward to this, when Renoise comes to A Store Near You this is something that would be awesome to include in the package, along with heaps of free tunes. :)

sourceforge likes me :P

The sourceforge file actually died on me also when I tried downloading it to my local machine. So what I did was shell into my own web server, downloaded the file directly to it using wget, then downloaded from my web server to my local machine. :D

I think perhaps sourceforge has some kind of strange timeout which causes the download to be interrupted sometimes. I managed to get something like 90% of the file before it stopped downloading. Maybe their servers have some kind of load balancing which kills download processes which have been running too long? Who knows.

Hope you manage to get the complete file from my server though :)

I did get it from you, Kieran, thanx. :)

Oh, and the tutorial was very nice indeed! Will send it to my little n00b friends!

me 2 :)

mlon

Please make sure that you considered http://www.videohilfe.de/hp/winxp.htm
before.

;)

I don’t think that kind of topic falls within the scope of this current subject.
The usual set up is required to be capable of playing games or otherwise various video and DVD player software.

Chances someone had to deal with these options long time before they ran into Renoise for the first time are 99% against 1%.

@ vvoois,

How are we for spamming links to the renoise tutorials videos page on other sites e.g. KvR. Is bandwidth still an issue for this so that you would prefer that people found out for themselves only via this forum? Or is it cool to go ahead and link?

(talking about non - direct linking to the page and not the files themselves)

Well, it’s not my webspace…
I understood from Paul, there is a certain amount of datatraffic that may be uploaded without extra charges which was aprox. 2GB/month.
But i also hear him telling me this limit will be raised or removed soon.
For the tutorial pages themselves (i should actually name them documentation pages) it does not really matter that much as the video’s are currently not on Renoise.com. The rest of the data would probably not cause any more datatraffic than the frontpage does.

for me it’s fine to publish my HTTP mirror on other sites.

Do it if needed.

I’m heading to 6GB/month of transfers (was 3GB last month), but hey… they say “unlimited GBs of transfer”, so I take them on words :)

Thanks for the replies,

All sounds cool then, the option now of direct linking is useful so cheers It.

Will be off in that case to spread some news of these fine tutorials… B)

maybe we should also make something like this for the forum? :lol:

I think the tutorials are excellent. :panic:

Can’t wait to see what the ‘advanced’ portion offers!

B) I think the video tutorials were really good! For real beginners tho (of which I am not), I would recommend slowing down the first part a little… I mean sure, I already knew what Protracker/Soundtracker are and how you put patterns together etc but a lot of people don’t. Having said that though… you could argue that there’s already heaps of “how to write a MOD” tutorials out there.

So… I think overall they were great… Shame the “Advanced” tutorials were missing :wink: Good work!

This is such a good idea! I hope there’ll be some advanced tutorials out soon!

This idea is superb! Wait for the “Advanced” tutorials so much!!!
For me - the main interesting thing is some tips and tricks about the effects.
And for you?

yes, video tutorials can give a clear explanation of advanced stuff.

Yes Yes!
Right man)))
Very good idea with video tutorials. Waiting for advanceв section so much!