Renosie linux and hardware routing

hello,
i use renoise since years but at this moment i try to incorporate audio effect with renoise (for renoise samples and for external synth).
i have a Sherman filterbank and a quadraverb,i have put the output into the input of my fireface 400 and the ouptus into some input.
i succeed to hear my modular synt hbut don’ be able to integrate effect as inserts.
my goal is too use my effect as insert for the samples sequenced by renoise but too applied effect on live for recording with the ssamples record utilitary
on my synth

thnks for your adavance for your replies

ps i use endevouros(arch linux) 64bits

Jack (https://jackaudio.org/) is what you need: it’s an audio and MIDI routing patch-system.

It’s a little more complicated to use than either Pipewire or going direct to ALSA, but it enables what you’re trying to do. You’ll also need a GUI for it, such as Qjackctl.

I use it to do things like this:

• Control a hardware drum machine (LXR-02) via MIDI, from Renoise.
  • Receive the output of the drum machine on an input of the audio interface.
  • Play samples internally in Renoise.
  • Combine the samples with the drum machine, and route them through a pair of outputs on the audio interface, to a pair of microphone preamps.
  • Receive the output of the microphone preamps into other inputs on the audio interface, and route that into a stereo track in Ardour.

For that last step, it’s also easy to route the mic preamps back into Renoise, and process it there.

i succeed into use the input of my soundcard but for route a sample from renoise to my effekts i need a symetrical wire (i have yet an old di box to test when i will receive the wire

thank’s for your support

1 Like