Replacing 32bit Instruments

I wonder if there is a way to replace instruments which for some reason gets different names for different versions (32 vs 64 bit). Ok, I can understand why but it brings me trouble.
For example, when switching to 64 bit version, many VSTi’s are called something like Gladiator_X64 instead of just Gladiator forcing me to replace the instrument and loose patch data. VSTs are mostly ok because it’s easier to replace an EQ for example compared a synth.
Is it possible to set up some kind of aliases which also corrects my jBridged instruments? (which are named “[jBridge]tone2.com:Gladiator.32” instead of just “Tone2.com:Gladiator”. I’ve managed to rescue some instances by getting rid of the “X64” suffix for some synths. And renaming .dll files feels like the wrong way to solve this.
It’s a real pain to get all songs working, forcing me to keep all old versions of any VST I’ve ever used.
And it’s not that I want to keep old songs from from my entire life working but I often tend to use a song as a template to start working with new ideas quickly.

A solution to this is highly appreciated.

A tool solution might be possible, but still would require a manual linking between both alternatives (you need to have both installed).
Also do note that a risk might be that having parameters specifically stored for 32-bit plugins, could crash 64-bit plugins when send to them and vice versa. (The risk is the highest with sampler plugins)

Give this a try: Snippet: Replace Plugin Ids Inside Song.xml

Allright beatslaughter, that seems to be exactly what I’m looking for! Thanks a lot!

Messing with scripts and stuff has a bit of a learning curve by itself I realized, probably nothing complicated though. I think I’ll do it manually by extracting the song file and find/replace the faulty instruments with Notepad2. It was quite simple actually.