[req] Apply Insert/view Pattern Commands To Selection

Ey,

Liked when I first saw the option to view all commands in the pattern editor and being able to insert them through the new ‘insert/view pattern FX commands’ drop down list. But, than started to wonder why it is only possible to insert 1 entry and not have it applied to a selection made in the pattern.

Or… have functionality like; hold mouse-button on the drop down list choice and have command/values increment/decrement over time throughout the pattern (hold either left/right mouse click?).

Automatic fill-up wouldn’t be relevant for all commands and maybe we’ll see it in 2.6, but besides being a look-up table for all commands possible I don’ think it is really that useful.

So, I propose an option to have the command values automatically filled in a selection made in the pattern.

You can debate setting up the defaults and interpolating rules, like I said…could have left mouse clicking start with the lowest to highest value in a selection and right mouse clicking the opposite.

I know about the advanced editor and being able to interpolate that way, but as this new functionality has been introduced, why not make more out of it?

Grts

R

EDIT:

If this ever becomes a reality, I suggest the drop down menu becomes expandable instead (like expanding the advanced editor)…so you can choose to have the ‘global’ & ‘sample’ command options shown perminantly. Something like this:

2.6 :)

nice nice nice :dribble:

nice!