I’m hoping to write a tool that automates the process of recording from HW synths.
Not sure yet to what extent this is possible with the current APIs.
Flow would be as follows:
assumption: current track contains the notes for the external instrument
- Show dialog with record options (very similar to sample recorder dialog)
- Start recording and start playing pattern (from current pos)
- Monitor keyboard input for ‘space’ or ‘return’ -> Stop playing pattern
- Stop recording when input audio falls below a predefined threshold (to include decay/tails)
- Mute columns in track
- Add new column to track
- Add note at the initial play position to trigger new recording
- Enable autoseek for instrument
steps 2) / 3) could have alternative versions that work based on a selection within the track
Perhaps I’ve overlooked some details, but this would be the gist of it.