Reset LFO by audio signal. Is it possible?

Hello,
I bought Monotron yeastrday. It can do great sounds but what i really miss are envelopes so i thought that i will create one from lfo+gainer.
This is what i want:

1. Signal comming from Monotron would reset lfo and its custom (one-step) envelope would influence gainer.

Q. I dont know how to reset lfo when audio signal is comming inside the Renoise. Signal follower doesnt work as i want (it wont reset lfo it just set lfo envelope playback on some position (according to value send to reset).

Can somebody help me here? Thanks :slight_smile:
And if it is not possible it should be :rolleyes:

If you set Dest min to 0 and Dest max to 1 in the Signal follower, you force it to stay within a certain range, then use the Dest. Off to set the offset position where you want the LFO to be reset from.

Thank you.
With your help i am able to create device (doofer) where lfo envelope starts when the signal goes off.
But when the signal is sended from monotron, it is stucked on the beggining (because it is reseting itself thanks to the input signal).
So it doesnt work when i hold a key and this is what i need. By this way you can greatly enchance your external synths (by envelopes for any dsp).

There is attached song with the doofer i ve tried to create, can you say me where i am wrong (this noise gate is here because monotron has noisy output)?
You can test it by any incoming signal to this track. :slight_smile:

I am experimenting and no results.
Maybe some device that would just send 1 (into lfo reset) when it register audio input (not all the time (this is what signál follower does) just once when input signál is registered) would be enough. Then everytime you send audio lfo would begin from begining (od somewhere else if offset is used)

Then you really need the keytracker (same concept as with sig follower:set min and max to 0 and 1):

Click to view contents

[codeblock]

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Monotron Envelope

true

true

Init

false

Device only

Device only

Macro 1

Device only

Macro 2

Device only

Macro 3

Device only

Macro 4

Device only

Macro 5

Device only

Macro 6

Device only

Macro 7

Device only

Macro 8

true

Init

true

Noise Gate

true

false

Init

true

Device only

Device only

Device only

Device only

Device only

Device only

false

Device only

Device only

Device only

Device only

true

false

Init

true

Device only

Linear

Clamp

Device only

Device only

Device only

Device only

Device only

Volume EnV

true

false

Init

true

Device only

Device only

Device only

Device only

Device only

Device only

Device only

Device only

Curve

Unipolar

true

true

Volume

true

false

Init

true

Device only

Mixer and Device

Device only

false

false

true

[/code]

Hmm, perhaps take the signal follower and raise the floor (so that it peaks when you want the movement to start), and then pass it though a hydra before you connect it to the LFO?

Signal follower > Hydra > LFO

The trick is, that passing it through the hydra should make it not continuously retrigger the LFO, as the hydra will only output something when the value has actually changed. But you will need to make sure that the value from the signal follower will actually reach the maximum 100% value - once reached, the LFO should be able to start moving on it’s own…

vV: No, because i dont input notes. I am using external input (monotron via microphone input) :slight_smile:
Danoise: Will try and say, thank you!

Doesnt work very well because monotron has very “random” volume so what works for one tone doesnt work well for others.
But i believe it can be done somehow, amusing challenge :slight_smile:

You have tried using the signal followers low/high frequency bands in order to isolate those frequencies?
You could also send the audio to a separate (send-)track and do some processing before attempting to track the signal…
Or you could add multiple ‘finetuned’ signal followers and combine them in a meta mixer before the hydra…It’s getting complicated! :lol: