Retaining Pitch Whilst Timestretching?

Ok, I’ve made a tune in logic express, and I want to replicate the same song in renoise. I’m using all the original files, but when I time stretch certain breaks in renoise, they pitch up. While this can be a good thing, I want to keep the original pitch while increasing the speed. Any suggestions?

• Process the loop using the time-correction functions in a sample editor such as Audacity or Soundforge.
  • Use Renoise’s sample offset command. (More tips here)

Thanks for the advice.

Yeah I knew about the sample offset command, just wanted to avoid offsetting the whole break. I still wanted to retain the groove. Oh well. Thanks again.

Yeah you can’t do this in Renoise like you can in a horizontal sequencer. In this sense Renoise has a big big disadvantage. Once Audio tracks are in place and the tick thing has been abandoned/increased to the same rez as logic or cubase etc then it will be possible.

At the moment, you can’t really do it, which is not cool.

Yeah bro, tell me about it. For this reason to get the swing I want, I would go into my emu and reprogram the swing beat there, then re import it back into renoise. long but it’s paying off.

Yeah, basically I want to do this in Renoise…

When I was using Cubase, I would load a break into recycle, slice it up and extract the midi pattern including standard BPM and also all the slices as audio.

Then I would open cubase, load all the audio into Battery and then drag the midi file onto the arrange page which would control Battery. This maintained the original groove of the break and meant that if I increased the song BPM, then midi would do this in proportion and the break would be faster but with the same groove.

After this I used to layer synthetic hits to the midi with the arranger zoomed right in to get things totally lined up.

You cant do this in Renoise as you are bound to the pattern steps, not a blank canvas like in a normal sequencer.

Like I said, once Audio tracks are in place this will make Renoise closer to the power of a horizontal sequencer when it comes to working precisely with breaks and maintaining the groove.