Rewire For Renoise?

At first, but the license issue has been resolved a while ago. The SDK has been submitted so from the license point of view ReWire, can be implemented in Renoise. It is only the technical side that remains a large puzzle.
I think that Renoise will be released at least supporting ReWire master when it gets implemented.
In technical terms you can always calculate an amount of samples and tell the slave to start from that offset.
The slave has no authority to tell its master to start from an offset close to it. (this is why Renoise as ReWire slave is not easy)

ReBirth is a free 303 emulator that can be controlled by rewire. It kicks ass, and is the only reason I really want rewire support :P

Since when did Propellerheads added ReWire in their Rebirth application? i thought it was made free as was?

The latest version of rebirth supports rewire, and so does the now free one at rebirthmuseum.

I wish they removed the cdcheck copy protection from the freebie. Maybe I’d install it again, it’s a real hassle.

Only if you have one of their products, you are allowed to download the free edition of Rebirth so it’s still an exclusive piece of software.

Hey, Madtracker had rewire master and slave support for ages now, so it’s possible. I just need a rewire tracker on OSX :)

Not completely true: MadTracker only has ReWire Slave support.
By Full Rewire support they mean export of all audio channels if you would have registered the professional edition.

Ok, but someone stated earlier that Slave support would be hell to implement. It’s been done before in a tracker environment, so maybe one of the devs could ask Yannick how he did it. Would love to pipe renoise tracks into logic!

Well, it is not a perfect implementation of the ReWire device for as far as i tried it with hosts that supported ReWire Master. It does supply some evidence that ReWire Slave mode is hard to do.
The only thing i’m curious about is why Yannick could not fix synchronisation problems and with some hosts MadTracker does not even respond to synchronisation or loop commands at all. (edit:on-the-fly step changes that is)

I don’t even use Reason anymore, but I use Rewire all the time in Pro Tools. It’d be great to slave Renoise to Pro Tools!

+1!!!

rewire!

+1