Rewire (Slave) Problem

Can’t get Renoise to show up as a Rewire salve in Cakewalk Sonar. Is the problem my Renoise or my Sonar installation??
Kinda hard to find any help on this subject.

-Jester
www.beatsbyjester.blogspot.com

you did start cubase first and renoise second, and renoise did ask if you want it to be rewire slave to the rewire master?

Hm… I use Sonar, and not Cubase. In any case… I tried both ways, but what I usually do is to start renoise via the synthrack in Sonar. But now Renoise does not even show up as one of the rewire devices available.

-Jester
www.beatsbyjester.blogspot.com

When you’re on Windows Vista or Windows7, try starting the ReWire master (Sonar) as admin or with administrator privileges.

I know this is an old thread, but I’m having the same or similar problem. I’m using Sonar X1 32-bit and Renoise 2.8.0 32-bit. OS is Windows 7 64-bit. I want to use Sonar as Rewire master, so I start it first. Then I start Renoise, but I don’t see any message asking if I want to use it as a Rewire slave. Sonar’s instructions say to add the Rewire slave as a Rewire instrument, so I try that, but Renoise doens’t show up as a Rewire device (interestingly, Reaper does).

Does anyone else use Sonar & Renoise together? According to a compatibility list I found, this is supposed to work, but I haven’t had any success.

I tried starting each of the apps as Admin, and this didn’t make any difference.

Thanks, Matt

You can try to de- and reinstall Renoise, Renoise will then reinstall and reregister its ReWire driver.

Thanks vV, that solved the problem!