Rex2 File support for recycle files

I would love to see Recycle files be able to be loaded straight into the sample editor with slices recognised, Is this a possibility?

That would be awesome, but was requested since… 2005?

we can only hope

Thought this was never considered because of licensing issues, having to pay propellerhead money to use its tech. Now I read as far back as 2004 rex2 has been open for anybody to use.

In the past, major Developers such as Steinberg and Emagic applied for and obtained a license to support REX playback in their applications. Now as an open format, any manufacturer, large or small, can support REX playback in their applications.

https://www.propellerheads.se/press/21-propellerhead-software-opens-rex2-file-format-playback-to-third-party-manufacturers

Would be nice to have for sure! :yeah:

I think rex2 also supports variable crossfading / overlapping crossfading? I doubt Renoise instruments support this?

I think rex2 also supports variable crossfading / overlapping crossfading? I doubt Renoise instruments support this?

to be it always souded like simple pingpong looping and a bunch of envelope stuff.

renoise should easily be able doing this. i mean, i’ve already done this stuff which recycle is able to do.

only problem is that you have to shape the comps/limiter effects by hand.