Roadmap for the next release?

fxck it, make music.

fxck it, make music.

With that attitude, we’d all still be banging sticks on hollow logs :slight_smile:

(But the spirit of your post stands: fixating on feature-requests is a recipe for No Music Made)

My wishlist:

Clearness from the devteam.

My wishlist:

Clearness form the devteam.

I don’t want a clearness form from the devteam. Hate to fill out forms.

haha… sorry for the typo… and thanks for noticing me :slight_smile:

My wishlist:

Clearness from the devteam.

Actually I really like it by now. We’re here guessing shit every time with the team being shy about telling new stuff, but still every release is a mindblowing experience for most of us.

My faith in them is rock solid by now

So, where is it? I logged into backstage…

So, where is it? I logged into backstage…

Hope soon because i’m again in stage where want to sell Renoise :confused: So great DAW and lacks in so basic things :frowning:

Hope soon because i’m again in stage where want to sell Renoise :confused: So great DAW and lacks in so basic things :frowning:

So true …it’s a pitty that Renoise gets more and more fancy features, but a lot of basic features are not covered since years. But it’s still the best tracker DAW out there.

Not attempting to address more than one issue at a time, but isn’t phrase editor sort of a roll your own arpeggiator? And doesn’t midi routing allow for us to use any one of the full-featured sequencers out there? I think every feature implemented is not only a great push forward in workflow, but also an implicit answer to this road map question. As has been mentioned before, I have the utmost repect and trust in the devs. Let’s take the passenger seat, because we’ll get to control the radio, and enjoy the scenery. I’m not saying opening up the GPS and helping the driver everyonce in a while should be discouraged but it would bug the hell out of me if I was the driver on a roadtrip, and the passengers were constantly telling me how my self-built hot rod is missing the features of a souped up sportscar.

Any chance to see a quick fix intermediaterelease soon? :wacko:

Any chance of hearing anything at all from the devs on Renoise development or even some vague statements about their own preferences and priorities?

No.

At least not in this day and age.

The main reason for this situation seems to bethat 2% of the Renoise userbase is so%X#* and will cry like little children if theyinterpret things and anticipatefeatures to come(“You promised!”) that actuallywon’t happen for whatever reason.

Simple truth: They can’t handle it. And the devs can’t handle that they can’t handle it.

That’s probably why the devs seem to considerit more important to make sure these2% userswill STFU than tooffer some harmless informationto98% of the userbase who can handle information properly.

It’s really sad, especially with such a niche product. We can only hope that Renoise devs will someday re-consider their policy.

No clue what your post has to do with my post…

It was said there could be an intermediate bugfix release for Bugfixing things like polyphonic after touch. Is such a release planned or not? Thanks.

My point is that you probably won’t hear anything from the devs ifyour question isrelated to releases, plansor development.

You asked: “Any chance to see a quick fix intermediaterelease soon?”

Good luck.

Maybe a prayer will help…?

This thread needs more cat pix. And as has been noted elsewhere, hedgehog pix have a better track record. A (very) quick googling resulted in:

(Might scare some info out of someone?)

Ah, sucks, even cathogs won’t be able to tell us when next beta testing will start…looking forward to it, peace!

Any chance of hearing anything at all from the devs on Renoise development or even some vague statements about their own preferences and priorities?

No.

At least not in this day and age.

The main reason for this situation seems to bethat 2% of the Renoise userbase is so%X#* and will cry like little children if theyinterpret things and anticipatefeatures to come(“You promised!”) that actuallywon’t happen for whatever reason.

Simple truth: They can’t handle it. And the devs can’t handle that they can’t handle it.

That’s probably why the devs seem to considerit more important to make sure these2% userswill STFU than tooffer some harmless informationto98% of the userbase who can handle information properly.

It’s really sad, especially with such a niche product. We can only hope that Renoise devs will someday re-consider their policy.

amen to that.

In the past, the devs have been somewhat clear when a 0.0.1 update might be coming soon as those are simply bugfixes, you 98% :stuck_out_tongue:

“ffx: polythonic aftertouch bug”

Well it’s not in the pending bug list.

“ffx: polythonic aftertouch bug”

Well it’s not in the pending bug list.

Will be looked at, will be fixed. Don’t worry.