Robert Random - Hunt album (electronic)

I released this album yesterday. Last summer I challenged myself to create an album that has cohesive soundscape and tells a little story and I’m very happy with the outcome. It’s mixed together and flows smoothly from one song to another. Lots of different electronic genres blended together. Always fun to work with Renoise. :sunglasses:

Bandcamp:

Other streaming sites:
https://album.link/fi/i/1503992964

5 Likes

Good work Robert keep them coming

Thanks. Definitely will. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Amazing album ! Only samples? :slight_smile:

Thanks! Glad you liked it. Mostly samples. I usually sample vst’s unless there’s some kind of parameter automation going on in the song.

very very cool. nice work

1 Like

Hi. I’m curious about the story you had in mind while writing these songs. Would you mind sharing?

Yeah sure, thanks for asking.

I have a habit of creating songs that have no structure because I just want to have fun and try different things. And sometimes songs take wild turns and end up something totally different. Last summer I had a song that was about 8 minutes long and had two totally separate parts. This was a rough version of songs 2 and 3 on the album. And I thought that no one wants to listen to something like this. Then I thought that maybe I could split them and then use same sounds and write a couple of songs more and release an EP. And when I had third song almost ready I started to think that this is fun and I could do whole album using these sounds. And maybe the album could have a theme or something.

So after a while I settled to a story of bounty hunters (last? I don’t know) gig. Not that original but still a theme. And I wrote down some events that could occur during the gig and started to create songs that reflect those events. I also had a couple of rules. Maximum length of a single song about 4 minutes and I decided that the sub base, guitar like sound playing chords and all background effects (swooshes and stuff like that) are the same in all songs. Of course I added stuff when I wrote songs but certain things were already ready when I started a new song so that sped things up quite a lot. Overall I’m very happy with results and might do something like this again. At least I learned that using same sounds in multiple songs in a release really glues it together even though songs are from different genres.