sample and instrument templates

i love renoise tracking with st-xx based instruments while using no interpolation, and would love to be able to set the default sampler interpolation method to none at some point. barring this, being able to set a “default instrument/sample” template would be really nice!

1 Like

+1 for instrument template. Would be useful in so many ways!

+10 for using st disks for composing

1 Like

Yes +1 for instrument template

also while at it, set default preset for devices would be great too; renoise DSP / plugins / modulation devices in sampler

I have a question regarding default instrument template (in case I wanted to script this).
I get that the template should be used whenever adding a new instrument. Should it also be used on all the empty instrument slots (10 of them) when creating a new song (without template)?
I guess it wouldn’t make sense if it’s applied to ‘empty’ instrument in already saved songs (OR the song template) though, right?

I guess it wouldn’t make sense if it’s applied to ‘empty’ instrument in already saved songs (OR the song template) though, right?

That sounds like the best scenario to me.

Should it also be used on all the empty instrument slots (10 of them) when creating a new song (without template)?

everyone loves options !! but not many people would like their pre-existing songs altered without foreknowledge

i love renoise tracking with st-xx based instruments while using no interpolation, and would love to be able to set the default sampler interpolation write my essay method to none at some point. barring this, being able to set a “default instrument/sample” template would be really nice!

+1 and currently trying to use various DSP effects (in case I manage to create what I’ve planned).

Seems like I’m the oldest one here…