Sample CDs

Has anyone tried a Zero-G’s Creative essentials series? Nice sample sounds at their homepage they have, but what is the truth? Is their stuff worth of purchasing of? At least cds are pretty cheap.

…or some other firm’s products! Tell me your opinions! Whats the worth of spend the money!

Zero-G has been a recognised name in the sample-cd business for years
and usually their stuff holds it’s own…
They’ve been geared twds dance-type music so if that’s what you do you
go for it…
what I would do is try finding a music-shop that lets you review/listen to
the cd’s prior a purchase…

good luck!

@IoDean:

ever tried wizoosounds?

they have online preview, and you can choose to download samples instead of receiving them on CDs.

Zero-G is good in general. http://www.zero-g.co.uk/index.cfm?articleid=166 is my favorite :D I love industrial music, and especially SKINNY PUPPY :) If you like drummachines you shall also take a look at the megadrum series from eastwest. as it-alien sais also wizioo hold a very good quality

I have that “skinned” samplecd. We could exchange it if someone is interested ?

The Skinned sample cd is unfortunately only available in audio-format, but I’ve made a small job and have cut up all samples into single wav-files so it is easier to use in for example renoise ;) It took me a few hours but it was worth it :D

:D

The Skinned sample cd is unfortunately only available in audio-format, but
I’ve made a small job and have cut up all samples into single wav-files so
it is easier to use in for example renoise It took me a few hours but it
was worth it

better use waveknife next time :)

WHAT THE HECK!!! Why havn’t you told me bout this before :lol: lol lol lol… hahaha… I was searching the net for a tool like this but never found any… this is too sick to be true… it took me hours to cut that sample cd into wav’s… hahaha

Its indeed funny how perfect the first sentences of waveknife’s website fitted in this situation …

hehe, I tried to make a friend to code a tool like waveknife for a year or something, but he never had time, so I was very glad when I found out about waveknife … its really perfect.

Hohoho, I’m happy! :D
Thanks for the link, this thing will save me hours and hours of tedious cutting and pasting!
And unlike Recycle, it also works with stereo samples.
Great stuff!

Thank a lot for the link

It saves loads of time

JR B)

oh dear god that proggy is amazing. i leeched a few samples cds off a newsgroup and this worked wonders!