Sample Editor And *gosh* Sidechain.

Well, i`m just trying keep cool after playing with beta, danced around like a chicken on fire when saw so much improvement of sequencer and abilities to (finally) pad my drums as i want to and get this damned offbeats and so on, also a PDC and AU support was a godsend.

But i was really disappointed to not see there a vstfx routing for sidechaining. Am i blind? May be i missed something?

And some words for the sample editor. It`s perfect for me, but there is no ability to copy/paste right or left channel from a stereo file. Being a sample addict head, i want this feature. Please.

On the other side i`m happy with new release for 100%! No disappointments or disagreements, may be, at all! Yeah, had some bugs here and there , but when i tried 2 post them i saw most of them already discovered or even FIXed. Even the plugs which works thru pluggo-runtime now damn stable!!! AU and VST!

A few things at a time. Vstfx sidechaining did not made it, routing notes to FX plugins and audiobus routing did made it. For sidechaining there are external solutions that can be used inside Renoise, for the problems related to the aforementioned feature implementations there are none that could resolve those problems.

Copy/paste left right does not work indeed, sorry.
You can copy the stereo sample and paste it to a new sample slot, then adjust that copied sample by monaurizing it and exclusively select the left or right channel to pick.

What also works is that you can copy the sample content, paste it in an external editor and then perform actions that you want to apply on either left or right channel.
The only requirement with copying the sample clipboard data between Renoise and external editors is that the external editor has to support importing from the system/windows/external clipboard because lots of wave editors also use an internal clipboard.

Audition has this feature, but Kristal for example lacks this feature.

“A few things at a time. Vstfx sidechaining did not made it, routing notes to FX plugins and audiobus routing did made it. For sidechaining there are external solutions that can be used inside Renoise, for the problems related to the aforementioned feature implementations there are none that could resolve those problems.”

Sorry, but my english crashed here. Please simplify explanation %-)

-Side-chaining is not supported by Renoise but you can use VST plugins that support these options.
-VST instruments with Multi-out and VST effects that support midi data / note data, were not supported by Renoise and these features are not possible to achieve with external plugins.

VST sidechains still won’t sidechain Renoise’s DSP effect parameters though. :(

NO SIDE CHAINING YET, USE A WORKAROUND FOR NOW. TODO: SIDE CHAINING.

How difficult is this to understand? No amount of smiley/frowny faces will fix this anytime soon. :)

Ok cool guys that means Sidechain is in 2.0.1 and also routing devices. Also scripting. In 2.0.1.

sorry, I still don’t understand what is meant by sidechaining. Did I miss some explaining topics?

Some reading stuff for you. :)

http://sonictransfer.com/side-chain-compre…-tutorial.shtml

well, now i got it. thanx

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(