Sample loop louder at start of next pattern?

Hi guys,

I’ve noticed that when I use a loop, even one that’s the exact same length of the pattern and with no loop on, it plays louder on the first beat on the next pattern when it is triggered again.

Has anyone else noticed this? If so, how do I stop Renoise doing this?

P.S… A huge thank you to the Renoise team for the best DAW on the planet.

Go to Sampler: Sample Properties/NNA and configure it. Use Note-Off and test. Work correctly?

1 Like

Hi Raul,

Thanks so much for getting back. No I checked that already. It still does it. Not sure what’s going on there really.

Did you try “cut”?
If you have any kind of release tail on the amp envelope, note-off will leave that tail to overlap, but “cut” nna will cut to zero amplitude at each retrigger of the sample.
If you have no amp envelope, not sure what’s going on there…

Hi, i think i do not understand the problem. Can you please post short video of actual behavior? Thank you

Thank you so much for the replies folks. I really appreciate it.

I’ve had a play with the NNA and cut etc. I think that may have been the issue although I’m not 100%. I’ve made sure there’s no loop and I’ve set NNA to cut. But on certain samples it does feel like the sample starts with a louder “thud” when the pattern starts again even when there’s no loop and NNA is set to cut.

I sort of half feel that there could be an issue within renoise in the way it handles samples with tails but I’m not 100% sure. I’ll keep my eye on it and let you know if I feel the situation still exists.

Thanks again for the replies and thanks again to the Renoise team.

Z

It always works fine over here :upside_down_face:
Just check your amplitude envelopes and nna behavior and that should solve it unless there is some other issue. maybe an errant note event at the beginning of the pattern?