Sample Pause Command

Bump for 2.7 beta

Using B2 and 0B02 seems like the most obvious way. Let’s discuss.

Yes! B02 for b2!

i like the idea. +1

+1

I would use this. +1

Really good idea

+1

+1

+1 I agree with Johann’s suggestion for an effective way to implement a pause command. Still the inverse unpause command should override any “pause for X ticks” parameter should one for whatever reason happen to use an unpause command in conjunction with a tick count to specify how long to pause for.

Great idea.

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1.

Could this possibly support vsts too, having effect on the track and not just the sample? (Yeah, it would probably require a bad solution dev wise, using buffers…).

+1

How does a Ganier pause the audio? You may as well say it can be gone with Note Offs and 09xx commands :P

Should it also allow autoseek support? :P

If it’s supposed to pause and loop like a broken record until it starts again then it would be nice to be able to choose the lenght of the loop.
It would be almost the same as using b00 and b01 on every second line or whichever interval you may want, but it would be nice if the loop chunks could be smaller like 1/16 of a line, 2/16, 3/16 and so on, and maybe forward loop instead of ping pong?
The effect could maybe look like this: b21, b22, b23, b24 and so on.
As mentioned earlier, if you just want a silent pause you could also turn off the volume and use b00 and then b01 half way to where you want the paused sample to start again.

This, I second, sir.

What do you mean vV?