Saving Vsti Presets As A Renoise Format. (with Preview)

My sample library has always been a mess, and even messier is all the seperate files for presets and banks for my VSti’s scattered all over the place in deep folder structures.

Usually when I’m making music I just use a couple of my favorite VSti’s. Some of them I’m quite familiar with but some of them I don’t really understand yet. Either way mostly i end up browsing all the presets in a bank looking for the right kind of sound and start tweaking from that.

Most of the VSTi’s allow me to save presets as a seperate file, but finding those again and opening them can be quite a hassle. I noticed that when i Loaded a VSTi, tweaked it and saved my song without saving the preset in that VSTi. Renoise remembers my settings and tweaks, next time I load the song.

So what i wish for is a new Renoise filetype, or maybe preset and VSTi data embedded in *.rni files. and along with that a short clip saved playing a couple of tones in different octaves for Autoplay when browsing RNI’s. I don’t know how it should be done with the preview, but a small sample saved in the Rni ass ogg could be used.

Maybe Rni already can save that sort of stuff, but anyways… preview of Rni’s would be really awesome so u don’t have to load it, play some notes then if u dont like it load another and so on.

=))

Preset data is already saved in human readable format in the .xrni files.

Just open the .xrni file inside winzip or winrar and inspect the .xml file inside.

Wow… I learned something new today =)

But there’s still the issue of autoplay, When saving an RNI, an it would be good to have a rendered sample from that preset saved in the .XRNI file. both for VSTi’s and Sample based XRNI’s