Science Can Now Explain The "Oneness" Of Humanity

Awesome! Best quote ever:

"You are all star-dust, you couldn’t be here if stars hadn’t exploded - because the elements, the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen iron; all the things that matter for evolution, weren’t created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars and the only way they could get into your body is if the stars were kind enough to explode.

So forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be here today"

:D

More like the greatest blasphemy of that video.

How curious that someone so offended by scientific discoveries is actively using a computer to produce electronic music!

I am no Theologian, but I am pretty sure that there is nothing mentioned in any religious text / scripture on how to construct a computer, a mobile phone, a car / bus / train or provide electricity or clean water to the general populous, all of which I’m pretty sure we all enjoy the benefits of everyday - thanks to scientific discovery.

Our own sun is a star of course, which keeps us warm and nourishes the plants that feed us and our livestock via photosynthesis, aswell as keeping all the planets, asteroid, comets, etc in the solar system in regular orbits so we are not subject to cataclysmic annihilation, aside from the odd hiccup every few hundred million years or so.

So I don’t consider it blasphemous to suggest that other stars might be responsible for generating the elements that make up us and everything else on our lonely little rock, as we are utterly dependent on a local star for our ongoing survival.

Actually, you do… if you didn’t, you wouldn’t be able to understand language or be able to realize that you were a human being… empathy, neurologically speaking, is the ability to apply traits that we personally have to other people in an attempt to figure out what they’re doing/saying/thinking/feeling. If you didn’t have it, you wouldn’t even be able to post on this forum, because you would have never gotten to the point of using the internet developmentally… never mind writing/communicating/making music/etc.

Disagree. Empathy is not required for the majority of that. If it was then Blade Runner/Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep would not be so believable (empathy test is how they’re caught out,) not would the V series, and you would never be able to program a computer to intelligent reply to a conversation or guess answer. 20 questions game I guess is an example of this. Algorithmic music (although seem requiring feedback to decide what works/sounds good it a program would in no way have to feel it itself, have empathy with why it is getting the feedback, just process it as data.)

Not sure how this thread got derailed, did anyone even watch the video?

It just explains that our brains have a mirroring system which, instead of propagating change through re-generation, can do so through observation.

E.g. horizontal vs vertical “evolution”. Crows probably have this too as they can learn by watching other crows.

God is never mentioned, and the concept of being hardwired to empathize and feel outside ourselves is not incompatible with the concept of a deity?

It’s like saying “I love turtles!”. Fine, maybe you love them someone else doesn’t, but it’s irrelevant to this discovery?

For the ravers, this also probably explains dancing. Copy, repeat, enjoy.

I LIKE TURTLES

i like pidgeons!

Pigeon, why do you scare me?

those vox samples kind of ruin that track for me >:

they sound very marilyn monroe. probably aren’t but damn they sound like her…

Speaking of thread derailing :P