"Screenshot" Feature Fails for Redux in Reason 9

Hi,

I’ve been trying out Redux in Propellerheads Reason 9.5. Cool! The VST module in the Reason rack has the option of taking a descriptive screenshot of the plugin so you can see things at a glance. Instead you get a white square that changes shape based on whether you are in the minimal or expanded view. The feature works with other third party plugins just fine (see pics).

This is more of the Reason team’s issue but I thought it was worth pointing out because it looks boring as hell. Does this happen in other DAWs with Redux?

I am running the trial version of Reason, and demo of Redux, on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6. Fooling around with video settings does nothing, neither does trying a new user.

I have seen a similar behaviour with a lot of plugins in Tracktion, which uses the images for it’s plugin browser. Fortunatly there the images are saved in a user config folder and i was able to make my own screenshots and simply overwrite the one the host took. Don’t know exactly how Reason will save them, but this could be an idea maybe.

Hi,

I’ve been trying out Redux in Propellerheads Reason 9.5. Cool! The VST module in the Reason rack has the option of taking a descriptive screenshot of the plugin so you can see things at a glance. Instead you get a white square that changes shape based on whether you are in the minimal or expanded view. The feature works with other third party plugins just fine (see pics).

This is more of the Reason team’s issue but I thought it was worth pointing out because it looks boring as hell. Does this happen in other DAWs with Redux?

I am running the trial version of Reason, and demo of Redux, on MacOS Sierra 10.12.6. Fooling around with video settings does nothing, neither does trying a new user.

Seems to have issues with the width?

Edit: First post btw, hi=)

On Windows does it work. Maybe its a Mac-only issue with Redux or Reason.

On Windows does it work. Maybe its a Mac-only issue with Redux or Reason.

Could be Mac, using windows 10

I was just making screenshots of my plugins in Reason (Mac) and found out that this doesn’t work with Redux, which is now the only plugin without a screenshot. Kind of looks like that default profile picture on fb :slight_smile: