Script Request: Reorganize Instrument Notes ...

Ey,

Something I came across today playing around with an old track of mine, I wished I could auto-divide a selection in the pattern editor containing multiple instruments, spreading each programmed instrument into separate tracks.

Remembering an old thread in the tools forum ( Xrns - Reorganize Instrument Notes ), maybe I can summon Vereiser ;) or anyone capable to look into this as a new tool?

Would be really helpful imo for remixing, pimping old mods/.xi or usage on convoluted drumtracks that need separation!

Would you just need to separate the instrument numbers or sometimes the pitches aswell? i.e. all C-4s to one track, all D-4s to another etc. if they were from a single drum VST/ instrument.

(I don`t want to get your hopes up here but just trying to understand what would be involved)

I’d like to be able to divide a track (selection) featuring different instruments, or samples from 1 multi-instrument(programmed in different notes for each slice/sample) into dedicated tracks for each sound.

If a single instrument is playing different pitches in a particular track, all those notes should be kept together in the same channel.

I have attached an exaggerated example for a multi instrument.

EDIT:

I also think the note-offs are essential for keeping the same sound.

Ok, thanks for the example file.

I am actually intending to start working on a script that separates different notes to different tracks (for drums). I will think of adding an option to do the same with different samples.

fladd

There it is: https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-2-7-split-into-separate-tracks/29450.

fladd