Searching Mac users to test my new plugins

Yeah, so you can fine adjust/fix things way quicker and easier.:wink:

1 Like

The dl link now is up to date with the new adjustments for the clipping labels. Maybe it still needs a bit more here and there…

The problem is, both systems, Mac and Win use slightly different APIs for the graphics. When it is looking fine in Win, all the labels are shifted down some pixels on Mac and this has to be corrected by adding some lines to the global text file to move them back.

Yep. Iside the Resources folder you also can find all the used png images for the knobs, buttons, the preset manager and the background image. So one also easily could design a new skin. The labels also can be modified by changing some lines in the global text file. So you easily can change the font type, font size (woudln’t recommend to do this to prevent clipping labels), font style, and also the font color.:wink:

1 Like

That was the problem with AP 2. All the garphics inside AP 2 (except the knobs, and buttons) are hardcoded vector based graphics and were rendered in realtime. This made it possible to change all the background and panel colors in realtime to taste while you’re working with the plugin inside a DAW. But this was a bad idea. All the Vector based graphics were rendered by the GPU in realtime like the textures in a game and needed a reasonably good graphics card, but also lots of RAM. Many users had problems on weaker systems and the VST crashed all the way. This also was the reason, because i dont further develop it anymore and keep it as it is on my site for the users who have no problems with crashes.:wink:

The problem is, AP 2 contains a lot of these vector images. Too much of them. The real problem came, as soon as you’ve automated these parameters, because all the movements of the knobs had to be rendered frame by frame. That brought the resources to their knees.

Normally i had no plans anymore to concentrate on Ap1. But now i’ve new plans for it for some improvements and some new features, because AP1 still is my most stable VST. Maybe, if all will work fine here with the Mac version of my delay, and i then know what i have to consider, then i also will start to port AP1 to Mac.:wink:

Just wait until my new flagship synth im developing at the moment is ready for release. It will be a huge trance beast. :wink:

What i can say for now, it will replicate a legendary synth. Or better let’s say it’s inspired by. On this project i now work for nearly 3 years :sunglasses:

Some users wo are following me on FB already may know it. :wink:

1 Like

Here some of the first sound tests i made with it:

But now back to the topic :grin: :laughing:

1 Like

Well, there is Vanguard 2 now, not too expensive either.

Now i started porting my Alpha Plus VST to Mac. :wink:
I will upload a test version within the next days.

2 Likes

Here’s the first Alpha Plus Mac test version. Can you please test, if it will work? And please also have a look if some GUI elements are vertically shifted/clipped. If so, can you please post a picture so that i can see how the GUI elements are shifted (especially all the control labels).

Thanks!

mastrcode-music.de/downloads/vst-plugins/T-Force%20Alpha%20Plus%20x64%20Mac%20AU.zip