selected_line:effect_column().amount_string = ".." return 00

R3.1 64bit, Win10

I found unexpected behavior with number_string and amount_string in effect_column :

1. .selected_line:effect_column().number_string = “…” return 0 -->Should return … (empty)
  2. .selected_line:effect_column().amount_string = “…” return 00 -->Should return … (empty)

To return 0 is now available number_value or amount_value = 0

This happens with effect_column.

For note_column is correct…

1. .selected_line:note_column().effect_number_string = “…” return … ok!
  2. .selected_line:note_column().effect_amount_string = “…” return … ok!

The problem is that with effect_column, it is not possible to empty the value.Is it possible that this detail is missing under the hood of Renoise?

“…” in the pattern editor is 00 in the API when it comes to effects. It’s probably just the characters in the pattern editor that is confusing you (?), and it kind of stems from a tradition of hiding zeroes in the pattern editor.

Both of these work to empty the value:

renoise.song().selected_effect_column.number_string = “00”

renoise.song().selected_note_column.effect_number_string = “00”

Also, setting them to “…” seems to be working in both cases.

There is no inconsistency here that I see.

“…” in the pattern editor is 00 in the API when it comes to effects. It’s probably just the characters in the pattern editor that is confusing you (?), and it kind of stems from a tradition of hiding zeroes in the pattern editor.

Both of these work to empty the value:

renoise.song().selected_effect_column.number_string = “00”

renoise.song().selected_note_column.effect_number_string = “00”

Also, setting them to “…” seems to be working in both cases.

There is no inconsistency here that I see.

Ok,I have been manipulating many parameters at once.It seems that if you use parameter M1 (Midi Command) in the panning column,It is not possible to delete the …000 values in the effects column. It seems that …000 is also a value bound to M1 (or M2, M3 or M4).

I did not know this: "_ Note: Insert the Mx MIDI commands in the panning column of the right-most note column. MIDI commands show a different syntax colour than when they function as panning values and a -000 value is automatically filled in on the effect column."_

http://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/Pattern_Effect_Commands#MIDI_Commands

…000 disappears when deleting M1.It seems to work fine…

Thanks Joule!