"selection" In Seq. Ed = "sequence" In Pattern Mat

in the pattern matrix context menu, there is a submenu called “sequence”. I find that slightly confusing… why not call it selection? Or is there more to a sequence?

The sequencer area itself has no context menu.
Also the shortcut keys play a part here, you might want to do sequencer related things like adding or removing a new position while in the matrix.
It would be annoying if you would have to focus upon the sequencer area for that all the time. I doubt if many would like constant shifting between those two areas.

?

the numbers on the very left do have one. they’re part of the sequence editor… so… the sequence editor does have a context menu :P and stuff that applies to the same thing is called “sequence” in one context menu and “selection” in the other.

the sequence, the way I see it, is the whole sequence of patterns, right? that’s why it’s the sequence editor. so calling a selected part of the sequence “selection” in one context menu and “sequence” in the other either is an oversight, or points to a difference I’m not aware of.

I have no idea what you are talking about… I am requesting consistent nomenclature and/or and explanation as to the differences. I’m not against having it in both context menus…?