Send FX, pre and post

Thanks for the welcome atype808. I’ve been using the gainers and actually the fact you have the fx above the faders means you can still adjust levels on the mixer tab. But it’s more fiddly and still writes off the faders. Not the end of the world but still reckon it could be improved.

One thing that just came to my mind, which would be ultrauseful for other stuff, too…and could address the problem described here with send levels (if I got that right)…and I’ve seen other software allowing such actions:

Allow meta-device like “inverse feedback” from sliders. I.e. from any slider, if it’s moved, it will move other sliders with selected ranges. If a slider is moved by automation, gui, midi, whatever…it could move other sliders like a macro dial, or a doofer thing, a hydra or whatever.

I was wishing for this many times, but for other workflow simplifying reasons. But it would be a logical step, if you have sends that mute, and sends that won’t mute, you could even present a simple option that would couple such send devices automatically to the main mixer sliders with one click or even by default. Or config it further, and make it effect gainers or other main mixer options in other tracks (i.e. the send tracks you’re routing to) - to let the main mixer stuff control more complex setups with refined actions for track volume changes more easily.

The post fader box should be able to be moved! To any place in the dsp line, just like another dsp! The output of course still will be taken at the end, but internally it would be just like another invisible gainer!

THIS

OopsIFly: sounds a lot like, but not exactly as VCAs, which are also possible to implement via a formula device and scripting.

The post fader box should be able to be moved! To any place in the dsp line, just like another dsp! The output of course still will be taken at the end, but internally it would be just like another invisible gainer!

This is a really good idea.

It still might be a bit confusing for new users coming from other DAWs expecting just a plain old mixer config (i.e. post-fader sends), but as far as a “Renoise-esque” solution goes, it would be a simple solution that solves the problem of gain-staging vs. FX send levels without breaking compatibility with existing renoise song’s and their routing.