Sequence Effect Commands?

I’m assuming the answer is no(with maybe some work arounds using phrases)

I’d like to have the ability to separate the audio sequencing and the effects affecting the audio to make it more dynamic.

Is there a way to externally trigger certain effects commands?

Thank you

For DSP effects it is possible with ‘midi learn’, to alter effect parameters using external controllers.
Is there a particular effect command you are after?

Mostly Reversing a sample and Retriggering it- Renoise effects commands

so… perhaps I misunderstand, but you wish to be able to retrigger and reverse samples in realtime from an external control surface?

If so, it’s a bit of a workaround, but you could set this up easily in the sample editor with different keyzones triggering a reversed version of the sample, and a resampled version with the retrigger effect(s) you wish for already applied before resampling. set them all to the same mute group if you wish, and you should be good to go. Or, as you suggested initially, you could set it up with phrases… which might be the more flexible option.

but, maybe I am misunderstanding what you’re hoping to achieve… do you want to input track fx commands on the fly (during playback) in an already sequenced track? If that’s what you’re after, I’m not sure if there’s a way to do this. would be sweet if you could, tho!

1 Like

That is correct. I would love to let a pattern play, but let my modular system activate the various effects commands.

It would definitely be cool, though I bet its not programically possible.

HOWEVER, I have yet to see if making straight phrases(Just Notes) can be impacted by associated effects. Perhaps there’s a way to let the phrases play, keep the sequencer recording and- there HAS to be a way to translate midi signals to keystroke commands.