#Set01, ##Set01, ###Set01, ####Set01, #####Set01.........

Why is # added in front every time you duplicate something?Am i the only one that is annoyed by this behaviour?

A much better behaviour would be to add something to the end of the name instead, like 01, 02, 03 and so on.

For instance if you have a mod set called ‘Set 01’, duplicating it would name it ‘Set 02’, duplicate ‘Set 02’ and you get ‘Set 03’…

If it didn’t have a number at the end, then simply add one preferably with the same number as the actual set number.

I can’t imagine who would want to name something with # in front? It doesn’t make much sense to me. :unsure:

I agree 100%. The current behavior is so annoying.

OTOH, while it struck me as odd when I first saw it, I like it because it reminds me to give the track a deliberate name while I fix it up.

I’ve never wanted a complete dupe of a track. I clone a track and then make adjustments (e.g. change the instrument, repitch stuff, etc.)

If I see a #name in my tracks it tells me I may have forgotten to make sure that the track is not just a straight-up copy of another track.

It stands out in a useful way.

I dunno, it doesn’t bother me too much. If it was appended to the end, I might not see it if the pattern label bar thing isn’t pulled out far enough.

Though it might make more sense to add a hex number after each #, so it takes up less space on the line…

Where

= #0

= #1

= #2

= #3

etc

Once it gets through F, then it would wrap back around so 17 #'s would be ##0 , lol …