Setup separate midi routing for two midi controllers

Hi,

I have an APC40 connected, which I use for Grid Pie and some other midi mapped things like filter sliders etc.

I have an Novation ZeroSL which I want to use only for 2 instruments, I send midi cc’s and notes to the instruments and that works fine.

The problem is, that when I push a button on the APC40, a note on/off is also sent to the instruments which I only want to use with the ZeroSL controller.

Is it possible to tell Renoise to only accept midi notes from the ZeroSL for the two instruments?

I’ve tried setting up the APC40 only in the preferences window (midi input) and the ZeroSL explicitly in the intstrument midi setup. But the instruments still respond to the APC40.

I hope somebody can help me out, thanks!

1 Like

I think what you are looking for is to change the midi channel in the input settings for each instrument . You must find what channel the ZeroSL controller is sending its midi and change it to a different one

Peek 2021-06-23 14-45

1 Like

Thanks for your help.

I thought that would be the solution too and tested this yesterday, but the APC40 is sending to all 16 channels, it needs that for Grid Pie to work properly, so changing the midi channel for the instrument will not work.

1 Like

I cant think of something else other than freeing a midi channel but wait for other users input you never know

A tool came in my mind i dont know if you know about it but it does the same thing and more.Maybe this tool does not need all the midi channels

https://www.renoise.com/tools/live-dive

I am setting up a live set with renoise and Live-Dive was the first tool I looked into, but then it occured to me I was asking questions in thread which had it’s last reply in 2013 :slight_smile: then I moved to GridPie and it does exactly what I hoped it to do, great stuff.

2 Likes

It seems that my setup does work, the instrument only responds to the global apc40 controller, when the instrument is selected. If I select another, or empty instrument. The instrument which has the ZeroSL controller configured as an input, only responds to the ZeroSL.

Sorry for bothering you.

2 Likes