Shortkey For Beats Per Minute

Hello there I’m looking for a tool or something to set a shortkey for the Beats per minute.
In this way I can adjust the BPM’s with the keyboard.
Its quite handy when I mix two songs together ( with 2 renoise programs open)
I just slow down or speed up a little bit to get it in sync manually.

By shortkey, do you mean +1/-1 so you can just gradually increase the bpm?
Or do you also want a GUI for this?

Btw, having shortcuts for BPM setting is an awesome idea! Here’s something that was pretty easy to muck up, considering dBlue helped a while ago to create a +1/-1 shortcut for Metronome LPB and Metronome BPB - so now, in addition, you have BPM and TPL control with +1/-1 shortcuts. .

edit: (28.03.2012)
I removed the attachment and provide a link to Paketti | Renoise
which has these functions

Wow thanks a lot!! It works great :)
Yeah this was exactly what I meant.

I’ll keep the bpm+1/-1 for my own uses too, will be very handy :)
thanks for the idea!

nice! i’ve often wished that there was an easy way to switch (like a key combo) between the real bpm and say 75 % or 50 % of the track when programming percussion… like presets.

maybe one day i’ll be less adhd and actually sit down and program it lol (=

I’ve recently taken to doing faster bpm stuff and would really like something like that. What I don’t know is how to do the math and how to return back to the original bpm. It would have to be stored somehow - would LUA require one to write it down to the drive as a file? i’m not entirely sure how to do something like this so that the return is to the original bpm and not just lost :)

Hiya, shoot me a list of the % of bpm control you want. Here’s 75% (and back to 100%):

renoise.tool():add_menu_entry {  
name = "Pattern Matrix:Play at 75% Speed (Song BPM)",  
invoke = function() playat75()   
end}  
renoise.tool():add_menu_entry {  
name = "Pattern Matrix:Play at 100% Speed (song BPM)",  
invoke = function() returnbackto100()   
end}  

function playat75()  
renoise.song().transport.bpm=renoise.song().transport.bpm/100*75  
renoise.app():show_status("BPM set to 75% (" .. renoise.song().transport.bpm .. ")")   
end  
function returnbackto100()  
renoise.song().transport.bpm=renoise.song().transport.bpm/75*100  
renoise.app():show_status("BPM set back to 100% (" .. renoise.song().transport.bpm .. ")")   
end  

Why so hard?

renoise.song().transport.bpm=renoise.song().transport.bpm*0.75
renoise.app():show_status(“BPM set to 75% (” … renoise.song().transport.bpm … “)”)

renoise.song().transport.bpm=renoise.song().transport.bpm/0.75
renoise.app():show_status(“BPM set back to 100% (” … renoise.song().transport.bpm … “)”)

1 Like

Just for the record.

Over at the XNRX MoreShortcuts tool thread, we implemented lots of ideas which originally came from esa’s XRNX:

http://tinyurl.com/XRNX-MoreShortcuts-Beta1

Kind regards,
koppi

did you update it with 75% playback changing?

Yes, but its not uploaded, yet. Will update the download link next week.

@koppi so, what happened to this moreshortcuts thing?

:eyes: Hang tight fellas. I want +1/-1 keyboard shortcuts for for tempo too and a whole lot more that I think is possible.

There are a lot of sampler controls in the slice stretcher tool on GitHub if anyone wants to dive through the source.

1 Like

hi. i’ve written these to Paketti:
Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 22.07.33
Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 22.07.43

do let me know what else you’re looking for.

hi, as per what you sent, i’ve added +5 -5 to Paketti - i’m working on your other requests too. keep them coming.
Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 11.29.13

remember y’all if you’re looking for specific shortcuts, then hit me with a new issue at Issues · esaruoho/org.lackluster.Paketti.xrnx · GitHub

1 Like