Show Mixer Pane in Pattern Editor

There are “Show DSP” and “Show Automation” panes in the bottom left of Renoise. What about a “Show Mixer” pane? This way we could have a sort of split screen for the Editor and Mixer views and speed up workflow. This would be great since 1. The Mixer view can’t be detached (and form the looks of it, won’t be able to), and 2, it would be great for folks with a single monitor, especially a large one.

Here is a crude example of what I mean.

6024 Screenshot 2015-10-11 08.36.22.png

Just missing a “Show Mixer” pane button next to the automation one.

And if someone switches to the Mixer window, that pane is hidden since we are already there in Mixer mode.

Edit. That pane window could always be expandable and have the size of said expansion remembered when you toggle the button the second go around.

Crude example 2:

6025 Screenshot 2015-10-11 08.49.56.png

Gotta love beta, with all these excellent photoshops appearing!

Everything not destroy what is already built in Renoise 3.1 may be welcome in the future.Some things are easy to add without changing anything (in version 3.1.0 b1), others not so much.I do not know if deep this idea complicates things.

I do not know if the beta period, Team Renoise worry about these things. But allit’s okay to be discussed…

In this case, allow you to see the particular track when you do the final mix before rendering. It would help. In the second screenshot,each area should be able to move horizontally independently (HorizontalScrollbar). Basicallythe mix is placed below the pattern editor in a new window.

What button would you use to activate? Ctrl + MIX or ha new combined button?:

• Button Pattern
  • Button Mix
  • Button Pattern/Mix?

I do not know if it finishes like. Personally I look for things always enlarge as much as possible. This may divide too much.

In addition,I like to go in steps. I compose (Pattern Editor), and finally mix (Mixer) before rendering,I’m really mixing tracks in the composition in Pattern Editor,without using theMixer.Finally, use theMixer for finishing touches.I love very much the work order, some of my projects are large.However, for me, to know the name of track is sufficient to adjust in the Mixer.

+1

Yes what a great idea to move different areas between them, Id like to have Pattern editor mixed with Piano keyboard… The best view for those that we earn piano, piano and piano lessons.!!

Everything not destroy what is already built in Renoise 3.1 may be welcome in the future.Some things are easy to add without changing anything (in version 3.1.0 b1), others not so much.I do not know if deep this idea complicates things.

I do not know if the beta period, Team Renoise worry about these things. But allit’s okay to be discussed…

In this case, allow you to see the particular track when you do the final mix before rendering. It would help. In the second screenshot,each area should be able to move horizontally independently (HorizontalScrollbar). Basicallythe mix is placed below the pattern editor in a new window.

What button would you use to activate? Ctrl + MIX or ha new combined button?:

• Button Pattern
  • Button Mix
  • Button Pattern/Mix?

I do not know if it finishes like. Personally I look for things always enlarge as much as possible. This may divide too much.

In addition,I like to go in steps. I compose (Pattern Editor), and finally mix (Mixer) before rendering,I’m really mixing tracks in the composition in Pattern Editor,without using theMixer.Finally, use theMixer for finishing touches.I love very much the work order, some of my projects are large.However, for me, to know the name of track is sufficient to adjust in the Mixer.

Using a separate scroll bar to move the bottom mixer would be helpful. As what button, as I stated in my first post, a button would need to be added next to the Hide/Show DSP Pane and Automation Pane respectfully. I also noted that my quick screen captures that this was a crude example and I didn’t have time to fully flesh out the design. Just giving you a “bullet point” of what it could look like.

And your workflow is not mine. I would use this functionality if implemented a lot. I would rarely need to go into the full mixer pane as I could not only adjust mixes of all the tracks on the fly but it would be a lot easier to move DSP’s/VST’s/AU’s around.

As for the spacing, perhaps the mixer widths in this split pane feature could be equal to that of the tracks themselves. So you would really just have the volume slider and pan sliders.

I’ll work up a full mockup later.

+1. Awesome idea. I think having the mixer channel width equal to the Tra k width in the pattern area would make sense. I think it would be the most functional from a UI standpoint as a third option for controlling the bottom portion of the interface, i.e. [Device view] [Automation view] [Mixer view]. I know the devs are hard at work as always so it seems too much to ask for them to bring this into this version, but we can discuss and hope for the next .X version maybe?

… but we can discuss and hope for the next .X version maybe?

That’s it!So I like this forum. There are many interesting ideas.Of this post, I am not convinced, because it implies change much. It may not look good.

@Legendary Taunt. When you have time, can you create a screenshot with all the changes exactly as you want?Perhaps to better see the advantages and disadvantages.

… Of this post, I am not convinced, because it implies change much. It may not look good.

@Legendary Taunt. When you have time, can you create a screenshot with all the changes exactly as you want?Perhaps to better see the advantages and disadvantages.

6062 kanye-shrug.jpg

Instead mixer also as separate (2nd screen) window/detachable please.

Can’t expect everyone to use everything. lmmfao.

Instead mixer also as separate (2nd screen) window/detachable please.

You see!For me, this is better. Totally agree.I always use 2 monitors of 24".

The ideal for me would be to separate thisin two windows only (exactly like theInstrument Editor):

1. Mix
  2. Matrix

But for me it is sacred not exceed 2 windows.Renoise is perfect as it is.I liked the window libraries (as always displayed in the same position).These are the things that make a difference.I am very much in favor of the large space. This post is not in favor of this.But everything has to work on one monitor and two monitors at once.

Renoisein2 monitors (twowindows), or only a widescreen (two windows too) is perfect!I wish everyone could try it.

I don’t even have 2 monitors …

Neither do I. :panic:

just make everything detachable :slight_smile: nuff said.