Shrink / Expand Shortcut Keys, Plus More

what i want to see in renoise:

(- if these are already featured, plz tell me.)

shortcut keys for the shrink / expand block function.

an undo function for the sample window…so, if i accidentally add a sample into the wrong box, i can undo it. and restore the original sample.

also, i don’t know about anyone esle, but i find the keyboard shortcuts menu very annoying. it would be much easier to have a menu that pops up instead of the pattern window, with, for example, all of the pattern window commands visible at once, and then all of the sequencer commands visible at once.

ok, so the first 2 are simple, realistic ideas that would be easy to impliment, and the last idea would require quite an effort, but i really think it would be worth it. also, then, if you forgot some key command, you could just open the menu and see it easily…rather than scrolling through the tiny litle menu there is now.

oh, and one more thing…a help window displaying all the pattern effects would be nice.

as a workaround for the annoying keyboard menu, you can still open the keyboardmapping.xml file into an XML editor (or even a text editor)

adding to my list…

a “MIX” function, so that you can mix the clipboard onto a track and not erase the notes below. impulse tracker had this, and it was super handy.

Hell yes!

:yeah:

ok, so here’s the edited version of my list.

1. a MIX function in the pattern editor

2. keyboard shortcuts for SHRINK and EXPAND selection

1. “undo function for the sample window…so, if i accidentally add a sample into the wrong box, i can undo it. and restore the original sample or VSTi” - as you said.