Signal Follower to EQ - Responsive?

I was thinking about this a couple of days ago - could the Signal Follower be attached to an EQ, and create a ‘responsive EQ’ strip. Well, it turns out it can. I only just connected to one channel so far, so I am dropping this as a template, and am open to suggestion - maybe there’s a better method?

Sig to EQ 10.xrdp (7.9 KB)

2 Likes

Seems we technically could just build a responsive EQ/Comp if we wanted to, instead of purchasing yet another plugin to do the same thing. Another idea might be to resuscitate the older filter models and see what other kinds of responsive EQ/filtering we could achieve. Linking this to the request for more knobs to add to the Doofers. Maybe even knob sizes, so we don’t have to make a super-long Doofer. Imagine one big knob to affect the overall Gain, then maybe two more smaller knobs to make fine adjustments to sensitivity and even sig-follower curve! Whaddaya think, @slujr?

I did this many times. In some cases it’s better than to link it with a compressor

1 Like

Yes it’s possible to do this in a multiband fashion using multiple signal followers with limited frequency response bands, but it’s cpu heavy and the band frequencies are not dynamic. Check out my resonance suppressor doofer. Will link here when I find it lol

Ok here is a link

2 Likes

I’m using the signal follower into a hydra into an EQ all the time. I find the signal follower & hydra combo very useful indeed.

2 Likes

I’d concur with Eretsua, Signal Follower into Hydra is really powerful - with the CV of the Signal Follower controlling the Hydra input amount.

With monophonic instruments,I have been experimenting with having the SF device control the first mapped dial mapped to the Hydra Input, which is set to control amounts of gain in an EQ10, then a Key Tracker in front of the Doofer where it controls a second knob which is mapped to the same EQ10’s frequency bands to give weird boosts that track the keys being played - such as C1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 and applying weird gains for mad effects.

Hard to explain, I’ll share the FX chain I’m working on at some stage.

3 Likes